Author Topic: IIS7 install on Windows Server?  (Read 7955 times)

Burndog

IIS7 install on Windows Server?
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »
Hello,
Will this work on a windows server? I searched the topics and see people having to install on a Apache server then export the MySQL tables to the windows install. Can someone provide a simple SQL flle that has all the tables and field settings required if this is the case.?

And will it even work properly...

I've installed version 1.6.9 and the install page complains" Correct the Mistakes - File is Absent /chat/.htaccess

Empty database is ready I just need set up the tables.... Does the 2.0 beta have a more IIS friendly installer that will set up the tables or provide a simple .sql file dump of the tables?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: IIS7 install on Windows Server?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »
Will this work on a windows server? I searched the topics and see people having to install on a Apache server then export the MySQL tables to the windows install. Can someone provide a simple SQL flle that has all the tables and field settings required if this is the case.?

Before doing so I'd recommend you to install Mibew in a right way. (see below)

And will it even work properly...

We haven't tested Mibew on IIS and aren't planning to do so.

I've installed version 1.6.9 and the install page complains" Correct the Mistakes - File is Absent /chat/.htaccess

If Mibew complains during the installation process, you haven't installed it yet.  ;)

If you (for any reasons) don't have .htaccess file but still want to install Mibew, just open the file install/package and remove the first line (i.e. something like ".htaccess 5d68e1273ca67249b104fca06f64998b"). That will prevent Mibew from checking .htaccess.

Does the 2.0 beta have a more IIS friendly installer that will set up the tables or provide a simple .sql file dump of the tables?

What are you talking about?  ??? At present time Mibew Messenger 2.0 is not even in the alpha state.

And no. We're not going to specially spend our time to make Mibew more IIS-friendly.  ::)

Burndog

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:07:43 PM »
Hello,
I removed the reference to .htaccess (actually needed to be removed in a couple spots) and the installation completed without incident.

Testing works pretty good. One issue was that if the Operator left the chat the Client was orphaned. In other words if the Operator leaves the link to prior open session will not show in the "List of Visitors Waiting" even if that visitor is present and sending messages.

Thanks for the tip about removing the references to htaccess

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
Testing works pretty good. One issue was that if the Operator left the chat the Client was orphaned. In other words if the Operator leaves the link to prior open session will not show in the "List of Visitors Waiting" even if that visitor is present and sending messages.

What do you mean by 'leaving the chat'? Does operator in this case closing the window with the standard windows control or using the special button?

Thanks for the tip about removing the references to htaccess

You're welcome.  ;)