Author Topic: Mibew Tray - Set to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer..?  (Read 23353 times)

lively

Hi,

I installed Mibew on my site yesterday - I love it!

A very simple and lightweight install, very pleased  :)

I also installed the (beta) Mibew windows tray app (on Windows 7 Ultimate) which seems to work well, apart from one thing - I believe it uses Internet Explorer. Is there anyway I can change this so it uses Firefox as I don't use IE for anything other than testing purposes - I have IE set so it clears all data after close etc. and also not to save passwords..

Thanks  :)

KatzSmile

Re: Mibew Tray - Set to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer..?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
This is a modified MibewTray application to use with GeckoFX (Firefox) component (replacement for MS IE WebBrowser Component)

Requires:
GeckoFX 1.9.1.0 - http://code.google.com/p/geckofx/
Mozilla XULRunner 1.9.1 - ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/xulrunner/releases/1.9.2.19/runtimes/xulrunner-1.9.2.19.en-US.win32.zip

Note:
Create folder GeckoFX inside of MibewTray executable folder and put in that folder all files and folde from XULRunner folder and GeckoFX Folder

Donny

Re: Mibew Tray - Set to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer..?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
This is a modified MibewTray application to use with GeckoFX (Firefox) component (replacement for MS IE WebBrowser Component)

Requires:
GeckoFX 1.9.1.0 - http://code.google.com/p/geckofx/
Mozilla XULRunner 1.9.1 - ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/xulrunner/releases/1.9.2.19/runtimes/xulrunner-1.9.2.19.en-US.win32.zip

Note:
Create folder GeckoFX inside of MibewTray executable folder and put in that folder all files and folde from XULRunner folder and GeckoFX Folder

I would love to be able to use Firefox for the tray app rather than IE, but I don't know how to implement what KatzSmile suggested... please help!

Thanks  :)