Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 89073 times)

tecka

Re: Feature request
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 05:52:34 PM »
Everything seems to run good. One thing I would really like to see would be a exe file to run off my computer as an operator so I dont have to log into the website to do chatting. Would be nice to have a program to do it.

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
Nice suggestion :) maybe we can do that :)

enkiduwd

• Polish translation
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
I've just put it into a poll : I would be happy to donate to this project via PayPal. I really mean it. Unfortunately I can't vote for it ( I already voted  for "free beer for everyone" and other important stuff ;-) ) Anyway - it would be a really nice if you allow us to pay you for your efforts. You did a good job and you deserve some money for it.
Creating "Donate now" PayPal button will be appreciated. Thx

pateld

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »
LDAP Authentication for Operators

In medium/large company, this feature will be very much helpful. I am willing to contribute code if I can be provided developer guidelines (if any).

Currently I made it working in version 1.5.2 but all settings are stored in conf. file and there is no UI in the system.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dhaval

ianchan

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »
Could you share your modified conf file and how you integrated LDAP?

pateld

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 12:52:28 PM »
Hi,

Just as an update to my last post about LDAP Authentication, I downloaded the new version 1.6 and successfully integrated LDAP Auth module in settings panel. Attached is the screenshot of the panel.

To support, LDAP Authentication as primary source of authentication, I have made quite a few changes. If moderator will allow me, I would like to share that with community. I would also like to submit all changes in source code, so new version of WebIM will have LDAP Authentication for Operators as well.

Also as a side note, I have made LDAP Authentication on client side as well. The reason behind this is, we want to publish this application only for our users not for public. It would be debatable to make this as a feature request in application.

Regards,
Dhaval

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
Great! Lets put it into 1.6.1!

The only concern is license compatibility if you use licensed code..

Sheldmandu

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
What would be great is if there was a feature to automatically engage certain users based on certain parameters similar to Kampyle.  This would enable to increase conversions.  Also just something to keep in mind if you're going to do visitor tracking... Make sure that it's not enabled by default and that it's possible to turn it on and off, because on heavily used sites this will fill up the database very very quickly.

I would also recommend not over-engineering this beautiful application to the point where it's so loaded with features that it's slow, buggy and unusable.  This is what I've found to be the case with many open-source applications.  If you've read the great usability book called "The prisoners are running the asylim" it's called the principle of the dancing bear.  People are impressed by the fact that the bear actually dances, not because it dances well!  Please try to make Open Web IM the best Web Messenger application and not everything under the sun.  I've done up some decent looking templates for it as well so there's no hedious green or table based layouts that don't work all that well.

Sheldmandu

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 04:23:12 AM »
Would be good to borrow some features from the likes of LivePerson... http://solutions.liveperson.com/sb/sb_chat.asp

Some very useful features are being able to push pages out to the visitor and co-fill forms.  Another Open Source App called Help Center Live does something like that but lacks proper disconnection handling features (which is why I chose Open Web Messenger in the first place).

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
sure :)

wilfy

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Hi,

Just as an update to my last post about LDAP Authentication, I downloaded the new version 1.6 and successfully integrated LDAP Auth module in settings panel. Attached is the screenshot of the panel.

To support, LDAP Authentication as primary source of authentication, I have made quite a few changes. If moderator will allow me, I would like to share that with community. I would also like to submit all changes in source code, so new version of WebIM will have LDAP Authentication for Operators as well.

Also as a side note, I have made LDAP Authentication on client side as well. The reason behind this is, we want to publish this application only for our users not for public. It would be debatable to make this as a feature request in application.

Regards,
Dhaval

Hi Dhavel

Sorry to reopen an old topic but I don't suppose you published your LDAP module did you? Wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel :)

Cheers

Wilfy

kaushikpathak

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »
Hi Dhaval,

Thanks for your insights on LDAP authentication on Mibew messenger. Can you please the process to incorporate the same for Operator as well as Visitors?