Author Topic: More obvious Popup when visitor connects?  (Read 10143 times)

rachelle

More obvious Popup when visitor connects?
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:11:15 PM »
I'm having trouble with the popup notification when a new user connects.  If I on the browser tab of the mibew software, I see the notification, but if I'm doing anything else it doesn't appear.  Is there a way to make the notification popup come to the top focus so I am aware of it?

Thanks!
R

rhavinga

Re: More obvious Popup when visitor connects?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 06:07:48 AM »
I am using Firefox 3.6.17 and I do not seem to have the same issue. When a new user enters the chat queue the current tab changes to the Mibew Messenger waiting list.

What web browser are you using?

sportbiker

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »
This really is great software, but like a couple other people, the popup notification isn't working in the best way. Yes, there's a popup, but it's more like a lightbox effect and if you're using tabbed browsing, working on another tab, you'll never see that there's a visitor waiting. The alert only shows on that tab.

Is there any way to make this new visitor alert popup in a separate window, above everything, like those annoying traditional advertising popups do?

dmcdaniel

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »
What browser is being used? Working fine for me on Firefox 3

sportbiker

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
I'm using Firefox 5.01. Again, just to be clear, the popup window only appears on the page tab containing the chat window. So, if I'm working on something else in another window, I never see the popup alert. The software seems to work great, but I just can't get the alerts to be more obvious.

dmcdaniel

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »
I'm using Firefox 5.01. Again, just to be clear, the popup window only appears on the page tab containing the chat window. So, if I'm working on something else in another window, I never see the popup alert. The software seems to work great, but I just can't get the alerts to be more obvious.

Try Firefox 6. I tried that one and when I was on a different tab, it popped my tab to the front and alerted me. Check and see if that works for you.