Author Topic: Adapting client to use a slider instead of popup. Need help!  (Read 5498 times)

dimmech

Adapting client to use a slider instead of popup. Need help!
« on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Thanks for the work on this program it is very nice. I have it working in a drupal 7 environment and eventually I hope to help get this into a contributed module on drupal.org.  I would like to use it on a site where the client would want it embeded in a sliding block instead of a popup. I have adapted it to work within an Iframe that slides the way I'd like it to. However, when it comes to closing the thread, I would like to have the Iframe refreshed and the "start chat" dialog to be reloaded. Since this was built to work in a popup can you tell me what would be needed to adapt this?

It looks like from what I can see that in the chat js file that a.closethread initializes closeThread which then inits onThreadClosed finally caling window.close(). My thinking was to create a copy of this function and adapt it so that if it is a client user clicks the close button, it would behave differently than if admin user clicked it is this correct? Would anyone help a little on this?

Also, I am fairly new to js and I would like to play with the code a little but it seems like the code was compressed. How can I use the provided sourcecode instead of the mini code to experiment and then what do you use to compress the resulting code?

One more question... I am cutting my js teeth on this program and I would like to get to know it and contribute if I can. The one thing I was hoping for was more detailed commenting in the code. Is there a devel version that is better suited?

Thanks again for this awesome project. I hope to get involved.

David