Author Topic: Visitors Chat Window  (Read 22962 times)

LFH

Visitors Chat Window
« on: April 26, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »
Hey guys,

I've installed mibew a couple of days ago which is working totally fine.
But there are 2 things I'd like to change and I wasn't able to find out how yet =P.

I'd like to change the size of the visitors chat box. It's pretty small when someone clicks on the chat button and I couldn't find a way to change this. At the moment the only way to change it is to do it manually which is kinda annoying.

My second problem is about closing the chat.
When you close it via the Windows-X the session doesn't end --> the chat stays in my chat list and whenever the visitor decides to open a chat again I won't get notified.
In order to end the session you have to close the chat via miweb-X. But I'm not sure wether my visitors are going to close it this way.
So is there a way to end the session even if you close it via the Windows-X?

I appreciate any kind of help. Thanks alot in advance.

Regards,
LFH.

ChrisS

Re: Visitors Chat Window
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »
Hi LFH,

Welcome to mibew support forum.

I'd like to change the size of the visitors chat box.

To resize the visitor browser popup, Open: libs/ and look for filename getcode.php if its present open it for edit and look for
$inner, $title, "webim", "toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,status=1,menubar=0,width=640,height=480,resizable=1");

If the file doesn't exist there, Open: operator/getcode.php and look for the above line and alter width=,height= accordinly.
The code will be near the top of the file in either case.

Note:
For the new size to work the button code will have to be replaced, wherever, it's been added on pages.
Oddly, when opened with firefox the visitor popup opens maximized, if the browser is maximized to start with, ignoring the width height values, However, if the browser if stretched to near full screen it will open to the values size set.?

When you close chat via the Windows-X the session doesn't end.

I have noticed this myself, not sure if it's because we already have a session open being logged into the control panel & coming from the same IP address, I have no one available to do a test at the moment.

If you have someone available to do a test, with that person NOT being logged into the control panel & activating visitor chat via the code image link, it would be interesting to see if that is the case, there could also be a reason as to why it acts this way, Inspirer will hopefully see this topic & respond if the above is not the case.

Please let us know here if this has been tested.
Always use a proper file editor like  Notepad++

Regards
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:41:12 PM by ChrisS »

LFH

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »
Hi ChrisS,

thanks for your quick reply.

I was able to change the window size this way =) I guess my main problem was that I didn't know I had to change the button code. Thx alot!!

I also tested the session problem with a different IP but it still doesn't work correctly. I hope they will fix this soon or add an option to change it.

And I have another question.. is it possible to add a limited amount of chats?
For example:

Chat limit is set to 1
1 visitor is chatting with the operator
Another visitor wants to open a chat but instead of being able to open the chat it displays the same message that occurs when the operator is offline.

Regards,
LFH.

ChrisS

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
Hi LFH,

Can't help you there I'm afraid, but looking at the Status & Plans http://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,25.0.html doesn't mention anything there, as a matter of fact I didn't know you could only deal with 1 caller at a time & that when an operator is dealing with the caller the Image turns to offline mode & no further chats can be made to other operators actively online.

I haven't implemented this for correct usage online yet, just locally for the purpose of testing functionality & familiarizing the menu structure ready for our operator ? questions.

Regards

LFH

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
Hi ChrisS,

Can't help you there I'm afraid, but looking at the Status & Plans http://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,25.0.html doesn't mention anything there, as a matter of fact I didn't know you could only deal with 1 caller at a time & that when an operator is dealing with the caller the Image turns to offline mode & no further chats can be made to other operators actively online.

I don't know if it's possible. But I would like to set a limited amount of chats in order to prevent too many open chats at the same time.

Thanks alot for your help!

Regards,
LFH.

ChrisS

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:07 PM »
Sorry LFH,

I misread your post, I don't know if that's possible to be honest, I haven't gone that far into the code to give a definitive answer, but I'm sure Inspirer will answer your question when he visits the forum next.

And before you ask! I don't know how you can stream a movie to watch whilst awaiting a visitor's call.lol  ;)

Edit:
If you do figure it out, I would recommend that you watch something you've seen before, at least then you'll have a better idea as to when the calls will be coming in, just as the good part starts (Sods Law).

Regards
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:41:32 PM by ChrisS »

LFH

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »
Hi ChrisS,

no problem, happens to me all the time =P.
Let's see if he will but I think at the moment I'm fine this way since most people don't know about the chat yet.

Ha :D too bad, I was just going to ask you. =)

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind. :P

Regards,
LFH.