Author Topic: XMPP integration / gate?  (Read 26247 times)

Nya

XMPP integration / gate?
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »
Hey there, I just installed Mibew after a LONG search for a decent and fast support messaging system. So far it works great, thank you very much for making this awesome software! There's just one thing I really miss here - tabs! You know, having 10 windows floating arount is not very productive... The windows client you provided is functioning, but it's rather simplistic. Why make your own client when you can simply integrate it with some existing mesaging system (like XMPP, for instance), which already has plenty of great clients?

It would be really awesome to be able to talk to customers using all those cross-platform, polished clients. I'm goint to take a look at the source code, but I'm an amateur programmer, so I don't think I'll be able to make something like that on my own...

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: XMPP integration / gate?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »
Hi!

I suppose, that by Mibew you've meant Mibew Tray, since we're talking about desktop application here, aren't we?  ;)

So, you should have a look at our roadmap. The plugin for XMPP integration is explicitly mentioned there as one of the possible plugins. And the cancellation of further development of Mibew Tray is stated there as well.  :)

MichaelTunnell

• Native
  • Yesterday is History and Tomorrow is a Mystery
    • MichaelTunnell.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:21:29 AM »
I love the idea of XMPP support and the fact that you already have it on the roadmap is epic.

I actually think this should be a very high priority because it turns a web-based client into a multi-platform OS independent app.

XMPP supports adds functionality to Pidgin (Linux & Windows), Adium (OSX port of Pidgin), Xabber (xmpp for Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xabber.android ) and so many more programs.

The windows tray should be canceled and you are already doing this...this new management is totally on it. :)

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
As we posted in the roadmap, support of XMPP may be implemented as one of possible plugins.
So implementation of plugins system and improvement its flexibility have the highest priority at this time.