Author Topic: Disabling sounds  (Read 10264 times)

grdzo32

Disabling sounds
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
Hi, I'm hoping there is a way to disable sounds as I don't want our non-techie users to get the popup about installing a plugin.

In the features list on the website it said there is a way to do this, but I can't find it.

I tried going into the user.js and chat.js files and deleting the playSound() but it doesn't seem to work - or at least it doesn't stop the popup about installing a plugin.

Any thoughts? I really like the system, this is my only concern so far.

grdzo32

Re: Disabling sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »
I think I figured out how to disable sounds altogether, but is there a way to disable it only for the client (not for the operator)?

Like I said the main problem is that plugin install prompt. It's real confusing to them.

Please help.

sameraining

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:43 AM »
Care to share how you disabled sound?? :)

Edit: I think I've managed to disable sounds by commenting out any relevant lines but it's getting that popup that it wants to install addons! I don't think my users care about sound that much but probably don't want to be scared by weird popups. Tested on Mac, Windows and Linux and they all do strange things.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 03:18:37 AM by sameraining »

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »
....  but is there a way to disable (the sound) only for the client (not for the operator)?

I would like to disable the sound for clients too. Is there an solution meantime which I have not found? thx in advance :)

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »
In Mibew 1.6.x there are no simple way to do that.

You should patch the js/source/chat.js file and rebuild javascripts using ant.

I've attached simple quick'n'dirty patch that does what you need. But don't ask me to apply it for you.  ;)

Also you'll probably need to remove useless "toggle sound" button from the chat template. But it's not a big deal.