Author Topic: Pop-up notificatin and sound only when real chat is initiated  (Read 8155 times)

Glisse

Pop-up notificatin and sound only when real chat is initiated
« on: October 26, 2013, 06:31:06 PM »
Hello.

If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. Here is my issue: most of the times when a visitor clicks the chat button is actually gonna chat. But on the other hand, pretty often they do not, and they close the chat without asking anything. I have conducted some tests, if a visitor is closing the window and I say something to them, the window does not re-pop-up in their end.

So, my issue is that I would like to get the pop-up sound and notification on my computer ONLY when a visitor is actually asking something and is starting a real chat, not automatically when they just open the chat-window, as it is right now. I suspect that the system welcome message is interpreted as a question asked by visitor, which is not. I am sure that this is doable via a if statement, please help.

Thank you!

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Pop-up notificatin and sound only when real chat is initiated
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 08:26:02 PM »
I'm afraid that it's very hard to implement in Mibew 1.6.x. If possible at all. The 'new user' sound is played on the client-side by the appropriate javascript. It happens when a new thread arrives, and has nothing to do with the existence or absence of messages in that thread.

So, to implement the feature you want, one will have to completely rewrite the users.js processor.  :(

Glisse

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:59:03 AM »
thank you very much for your fast answer.. my case is mildly annoying, because for now i dont have a high traffic.. but i imagine that for a site with many, many visitors, having the pop-up notification for every such "fake" chatter is different.. also, i never have more than 3-4 active "waiting visitors" .. but if there are tens and tens of visitors in the list, it would make sense to have there listed only the visitors/customers that actually required help, not everybody that for whatever started the thread (and asked nothing), especially since it is not that easy to differentiate between them.. including bots which are hard to get rid off because one cannot ban an entire ip-range..

maybe a future version will consider this, thanks!

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
Well, if you have tens and tens of visitors, you probable should have at least several operators to quickly take care of them. And there could be a lot of situations when a visitor is initiating a chat and just waiting for an operator to appear with some standard 'how can i help you?' greeting.

But I've got your point. I suppose that in Mibew 2.x it will be possible to implement this feature using the Plugins API... But for now I can't say it for sure.