Author Topic: Integration with ASP Classic  (Read 9468 times)

LMP

Integration with ASP Classic
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:13:01 AM »

I use Mibew on about 5 websites , integrated with a system that I have in classic asp .

After version 1.6.6 - the method of user authentication , ( libs / operator.php ) - it started using hash coding and encryption - all at the same time . In Classic ASP , we do not have all features of PHP , I tried in every way to integrate the two platforms in order to avoid multiple logins and registrations of multiple users .

I am using the table ChatOperator to validate users on my system , and also in MibewMessenger . - Up to version 1.6.4 - I could generate the authentication cookie that both systems read and understood . Since it uses MD5 encryption - easily used with ASP.

While I agree with all the modifications made to the login system , it would be good if developers , when they release the stable version of the new model Mibew 2.0 (which still uses the old system authentication 1.6.4 ) - consider the possibility of using a method of factor authentication ( including where the registration of users ) that can be replicated by other languages in order to facilitate integration .

IN CLASSIC ASP we do not have encryption functions similar to PHP's function CRITP , nor the encoding base_64 - PHP . We have a generic function for encoding ( Motobit.com ) used to encode and decode base_64 - but it's not a function of native encryption .

I'm no expert in PHP , and I could not recreate the function calculate hash nor the check function hash and also cannot generate the same factor authentication cookie that is generated by PHP .

I wonder if any developer could recreate these new functions ( calculate hash and the hash recovery ) using only MD5 encryption - so I can replicate it on my ASP code , and continue to integrate with my MIBEW SYSTEM ASP , using single login .

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Integration with ASP Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
This post has very distant relation to the Mibew development, since it's heavily focused on integration of Mibew into some ASP-based solution. So, I moved it to 'General Discussion' board.

Mibew 2.0 (which still uses the old system authentication 1.6.4 )

That's not true. Sorry, but no more poor or insufficient security for Mibew.

At the same time in Mibew 2.x it will be possible to implement custom authentication using Plugins API. So, I suppose that it will solve your problem.