Author Topic: Duplicate the system  (Read 7939 times)

Manolo

Duplicate the system
« on: February 07, 2014, 03:40:10 AM »
Hello Mibew Team,

Thanks in advance.

I´m programmer and designer, and I modify Mibew, and I add some process how more sounds, new alerts, more SO detection, all is features miscellaneous atractive for me.

Then I want copy this my personal Mibew, and replicate for others sites o directories.

But when I do logging to the system, this show an error, invalid credentials, and I think is because Mibew can´t replicate.

It´s possible some solution?.

Thanks.

Excuse my english!. ;)

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Duplicate the system
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
Mibew Messenger is a free/libre software. There are no means of copy protection in it.

Manolo

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »
Hi faf,

Yes I know is free, but when I copy the file system, the login say: invalid user o password, and in the DB there: vclogin and vcpassword, but don´t function the access.

I don´t know how generated the vcpassword, because in calculate_password_hash() not there nothing for check the file system.

Then I need replicate the system.

Please need the help.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 03:31:33 PM »
Once again. Mibew is a free/libre software. We find it unethical to prevent people from using and distributing our product. BTW, also we find it unethical to change the software without sharing the modifications with the community, while asking for help, if you know what I mean.  ;)

So, Mibew doesn't "check the file system" when checking access credentials.

Maybe there are different versions of PHP with a different sets of hashing modules on your hostings.

Try to reinstall your modified version of  Mibew Messenger from scratch. Or restore password using the standard Mibew feature. Or just skip the strong hashing and set the password as md5('<something>').

Manolo

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
I solved the problem, effectively I used the restore password.

The changes I does is only for add diferent sounds each interlocutor, the operator sound is "Dong-Dong" and visitor is "Ding-ding".
I´m integrated jQuery for alerts and general design because I like, I´m administrate various sites, and the look is importante because I work a lot of time with the application.

Thank you for all.

Best regards.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
You're welcome.  :)