Author Topic: Reconnecting  (Read 10028 times)

Goc

Reconnecting
« on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
When chatting application repeatedly reconnects.

Mibew 1.6.9 installed on 2.26.14 is Running on a GoDaddy shared server.

Linux Hosting Account

Operating System - CentOS
Kernel - Version 2.7.18
Web Server - Apache 2.4
Unlimited Bandwidth
PHP Version 5.3
MySQL version: 5.5 (Direct access not allowed)

What specifically should be looked for in the GoDaddy hosting package that would cause Mibew to constantly reconnect?

This has been tested with Chrome and Firefox with three different internet connections.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Reconnecting
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:37:29 AM »
Well... Probably you should look at all possible limits related to web application performance: limits on a number of concurrent requests, limits on intensity/frequency of requests, etc.

Also, you should try to look into the error logs. There got to be some messages that can shed a light on your trouble.

Maybe you'll have to increase the values of 'Chat refresh time' and 'Operator's console refresh time' in Settings -> Performance.

Goc

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »
Thank you faf.

I will submit the questions to the host and see what I get from them.

The following is for reference only at this point unless you'd like to respond.

I also noticed when chatting that the message below is produced and the connection is broken.

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 08:48:13 AM »
The message you've posted confirms my suspicions about limits... Let's wait for the answer of the hoster.

ajrallen

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:40:36 PM »
Any resolution on this? I am having the same problem on the same host.

For what it's worth, I initially developed on a Windows server.  I had the same error.  When I changed the database hostname from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1" the problem went away.  But on GoDaddy, I believe the database is on another server and I can't use the IP address, so the same solution is not available.

Goc

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:40 PM »
The last time there was a complaint about disconnecting received by the person using the chat, I adjusted the database connection time in the php.ini file. I haven't heard anything recently and am going on the premise that no news is good news.

Have you had any revelations ajrallen?