Author Topic: Changing source code to allow SMTP mail to work  (Read 4165 times)

Personnel Adviceline

Changing source code to allow SMTP mail to work
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
The support forum contains a few tickets about this.  i went to download a file from source forge as suggested but was redirected to GitHum a few days ago.  This contained a whole host of downloads and I could not see which one was relevant as they appear to have been updated recently?  Is there a ready reference to the source code to insert for:

i) enabling STMP mail to work rather than php (as my host disables php mail for security reasons) and a visitor can then leave message when consultant is offline and message will be received by consultant?
ii)  what are the means to  change the text that appears in the offline window so that  as an alternative to 1) I can request the visitor to complete an existing contact template and not complete the pre chat survey form that appears if you click the icon to leave a message;
iii)  alternatively if I wish to 'hide' the offline image with a transparent gif file as mentioned in one ticket - where do you fine the code to insert that = the notify php refers to a mibew buttone image which I could not find in the code to amend. 

Personnel Adviceline

Re: Changing source code to allow SMTP mail to work
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »
Just to keep the post up to date,  I have now installed an alternative support ticket product, although not a live chat facility, I hae been able to send and receive messages via sMTP as alerts of customer messages and providing replies etc.

I will therefore close this post
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 03:52:37 PM by Personnel Adviceline »