Author Topic: Javascript doesn't work Mibew 2.0.0-beta.2  (Read 4506 times)

shailo

Javascript doesn't work Mibew 2.0.0-beta.2
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:44:04 PM »
I installed the 2.0.0-beta.2 version, all installation went well, but in the operator panel doesn't shows the "visitors" also the link "away" and "Available" doesn't switch...allways is in "away", the javascript doesn't execute the switch to "Available". Second problem every 10 to 15 minutes it shows "Network  problem detected. Refresh the page" sign. The hosting is: "Hostpapa", PHP Version: 5.4.36, MySQL Version    5.5.40-cll, Apache Version: 2.2.29. Hope that the information is enough to work on it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:24:27 AM by shailo »

shailo

Re: Javascript doesn't work Mibew 2.0.0-beta.2
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 01:10:51 AM »
Update to the previous post, I installed the same script in other 2 servers and found the exact problem. I tried in: bluebirdhosting.ca and hostinger.es.

I also found that the switch from "away" to "Available" doesn't work when a visitor chat window is open but if there is NOT visitors you can switch.....I tried it from different computers and different WFI .
What never work is show if there are visitors always shows empty.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:41:39 AM by shailo »

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »
Well, well, well... It was a long time ago (one year and a half to be precise) when I've heard from you last time. As far as I remember, you've told each and everyone on the forum that you discovered several security vulnerabilities in Mibew (it was Mibew Messenger 1.6.4 back then). And even promised me to send some "simple, but effective" patches. Actually, I was so naive, that for a moment I've even thought that you're a real developer. ;D

Back to business. If you really want us to take a look at your problem you should provide the contents of the error logs. Both server side and client side.

shailo

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:38:51 PM »
True, is long time, first you are not naive, you are a great help to this community ;), second, when I started to be involved with this project...a loved family member died and almost the same time I divorced after 25 years of matrimony. Until now I'm tying to back on track again with some projects. As you see with such problems the last thing in my mind was this forum or the chat.
About real developer, I'm an outdated good developer with a bad salary and no much help by the people that I help (I think that you know the feeling).

Back on business :), there is not error logs, that is the most estranged thing, it just doesn't work.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
There is a simple rule: no sufficient information - no reliable solution. Try to switch to beta.3, maybe it will help.