Author Topic: Cannot install: Checksum differs  (Read 6524 times)

marieneige

Cannot install: Checksum differs
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:54:27 PM »
Correct the mistakes:
Checksum differs for /chat/.htaccess
Please, re-upload files to the server.

so re-uploaded but it is the same. running php 5.4

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Cannot install: Checksum differs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »
1. You've specified the version of PHP, but omitted the versions of all other software including the one we're developing. Why should anyone guess what version of Mibew Messenger you're using?

2. Did you altered the .htaccess before the installation? If you didn't then where have you got the installation package?

3. It was discussed on the forum dozen times. Why haven't you used the search as you were told?

For example, read this: https://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,191502.msg197240.html

marieneige

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »
ok sorry about it, what a welcome! wow

1-It is version 1.6.15 the latest stable version.

2. Did you altered the .htaccess before the installation? = NO If you didn't then where have you got the installation package? = https://mibew.org/

3. It was discussed on the forum dozen times. Why haven't you used the search as you were told? = I did search and read the FAQ but could not find a resolution

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »
2. Did you altered the .htaccess before the installation? = NO If you didn't then where have you got the installation package? = https://mibew.org/

That's strange...

3. It was discussed on the forum dozen times. Why haven't you used the search as you were told? = I did search and read the FAQ but could not find a resolution

The working recipe is available by the link I've provided above.

To completely remove checksum verification one should just replace the file install/package with an empty (i.e. zero length) one. And it was explicitly noted here.

marieneige

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
ok so I got it by deleting completely the htaccess content and removing the first line of package (the htaccess line) and not put any database table prefix

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »
ok so I got it by deleting completely the htaccess content and removing the first line of package (the htaccess line) and not put any database table prefix

You shouldn't remove the contents of .htaccess unless you know why you're doing it. And the prefix of tables has absolutely nothing to do with the checksum verification.