Author Topic: Chat history  (Read 6888 times)

jpassing

Chat history
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
Hello.

I'm using Mibew 2.0.0-beta.3 and I have a question about the chat histories. For example, I have two users: A and B. They perform online services on my website, but I don't want to user A searching B's histories and vice-versa. But, actually, they see each others' chats.

Is this a bug, intentional or I have to configure something? I haven't found any thing about it.

I had the same issue with Mibew 1, but I have modified the code to hide the history from users, letting only the admin to see that. But, as far I can see, Mibew 2 is way better and I wan't to use it, but I have no time to study the code at this moment. Everything has changed. :)

Thank you,
JP
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:43:08 PM by jpassing »

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
Re: Chat history
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
Hi,

Actually this is not a bug. It's just the way Mibew 2.0 (and 1.6.x) works. I hope we'll add such permission in one of stable 2.x Mibew releases, but one should understand that there are more important tasks right now.

By the way, there was an issue at GitHub: https://github.com/Mibew/mibew/issues/16 .

jpassing

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »
Right, Dmitriy. I suspected that. Thank you for the quick reply.

By the way, is there some place where I can download the javascript source files of 2.0.0-beta.3 package?

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »
All sources can be downloaded from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/Mibew/mibew

jpassing

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 02:30:52 PM »
Again, Dmitriy, thank you so much.

jpassing

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
Hello again, Dmitriy.

One more thing: if I modify some JavaScript source and put it uncompiled in the directory used by Mibew, it should work or I have to do something before?

I know the performance won't be the same, but this is not a problem at this moment. I'm just testing.

Thanks!

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »
Hi,

You have to rebuild all JavaScript applications to make the changes work. You can get info about how to build Mibew from the sources here: https://github.com/Mibew/mibew/blob/master/README.md#build-from-sources

UPD: Please, create a new topic any time you want to ask separated question. Just remember -- it's not a private conversation and we have to make the information searchable for others.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:15:45 PM by Dmitriy Simushev »

jpassing

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
Right. Thank you so much again!