Author Topic: Migration from 1.6.4 to 1.6.15  (Read 5443 times)

Fbanhi

Migration from 1.6.4 to 1.6.15
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:03:49 PM »
First of all, my congratulations to excelent soluction that it is the Mibew!

I'm user from long time and works very fine!

But, I have a doubt about the update and I need some help.

I'm using 1.6.4 version. Looking on the forum, I still have this questions:

Can I update to the 1.6.15 version, or just to 1.6.6? When I check the update page of my system this is the last possible update that indicates.

If it's possible, can I jump directly to 1.6.15, or I need install another intermediary version before?

Thank you in advance.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Migration from 1.6.4 to 1.6.15
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
1. If you have a question, you should ask for support at the appropriate board.

2. You should have read the FAQ (see the last point in the chapter 'Installation and upgrade') before posting your question.

3. The answer is no, you can't switch directly from 1.6.4 to 1.6.15. There were a couple of necessary intermediate upgrades.

Fbanhi

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer and instructions.

Sorry my mistake. I'm not very used to use forums.

Unfortunately, I'm still in doubt. I imagine that may have other users with the same doubt, so I decided to proceed the post, to complete the information to everyone. Sorry my insistence.

I follow this steps before post my first message.

Reading the FAQ Installation and upgrade section, I found:

"Can I upgrade from release 1.6.X to release 1.6.Z without intermediate upgrade to release 1.6.Y (provided that X < Y < Z)?
    Yes, you can unless otherwise is explicitly noted in the release description."

Looking the release description of 1.6.15 version, I didn't find info about minimal previous version.

So, I thought that was possible jump from 1.6.4 to 1.6.15

In other hand, checking the update tab from my control panel, I found just up to 1.6.6 version. So, I think that it's possible jump just up to this version.

Before do anything, tried the forum help, because I wasn't sure about what do.

After my post answered, I updated to 1.6.6 version.

Everything is working, except the following error message, when I tried to update the database: "Checksum differs for /webim/README. Please, re-upload files to the server."

I already re-uploaded the files, but the message remains. However, my system it's working fine.

Now, after the update, my update tab is showing updates up to 1.6.15.

So, please give me some help about.

Best regards,

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »
The issue with the 'checksum differs' message has been discussed on the forum a dozen times. For example, read this: https://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,191502.msg197240.html

As of migration process, you should go to the Announcements board and read the topics about new releases of the 1.6.x branch.

sonzin

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 04:03:40 AM »
Any tool for backup database and restore it before migration? I scrared will be fail in migration processing. Thanks

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 07:54:30 AM »
@sonzin, your question has nothing to do with Mibew Messenger. It's about typical tasks of system administration. There are a lot of different tools for making backup copies of the databases. From good'n'old mysqldump to complicated enterprise backup solutions. And we have no clue what's the appropriate tool for you.