Author Topic: 2 Problems  (Read 6702 times)

Tsako

2 Problems
« on: May 05, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
Hello all.

I 've installed the version 2 in my site and everything looks good except 2 things.

1) When a visitor click on the chat button, it opens on a new window (new tab). What can I do to make it open in a small pop up on the right corner?

2) The tracking visitors is not working for me. It says "There is no visitors ready to chat..." all the time. My settings is ok. I've checked the tick button in General Settings for this and the "Visitors on site" menu appears in my Operator index. So, is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:23:33 AM by Tsako »

Tsako

Re: 2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »
The second problem has been fixed. Can anyone help me with the first one please?

>>> When a visitor click on the chat button, it opens on a new window (new tab) and not as popup.

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:05:59 AM »
When you generate the button there is a check box named "Use windows (even for modern browsers)". It should be unchecked to use iFrames. So I suggest you to regenerate the button with proper options.

Also iFrames cannot be used in old browsers which does not support window.postMessage API (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/postMessage).

Tsako

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 09:31:07 PM »
Dmitriy thanks for your reply.

It's not that. The Use windows (even for modern browsers) it's unchecked. The problem its more complicated and now I think the problem comes from my site. Its a custom CMS for Web Hosting (WHMCS) and the button code goes to the header.tpl file (necessarily). The tpl extension maybe its a problem too.

When I was click in the image on the Button Generator area works fine, but when I click on the site, it opens on a new tab. So,  for that reason I believe its a problem comes from the site files.

Anyway... I have tried many thinks and nothing works. Maybe there is no way to fix this...  :(

Thanks for your help anyway...

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:52 PM »
Looks like a kind of a javascripts conflict. Are there any error messages in the browser console?

Tsako

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 05:34:53 AM »
Hello faf.

No. Everything looks good in any browser without any error.

All my site files using java. WHMCS based in java and maybe its a conflict as you say. I will inform WHMCS for my problem and if they find a solution for me, I will post it here. Maybe other mibew members have the same problem in the future like me.

PS: This is happened only in version 2 of mibew. Older version works fine.