Author Topic: Help setting up on ipage [solved]  (Read 8722 times)

thisusernamesucks

Help setting up on ipage [solved]
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
I've been looking around for help, but I haven't found much. I feel like my question is just to dumb to have an answer because I don't know jack about web page building so go ahead and talk to me like I'm 5. The short version is that I'm bumbling around getting confused and not understanding the readme instructions.

The readme tells me to "Edit /mibew/configs/config.yml to the information needed to connect to the database". I don't know how to do that. The FAQ tells me to read the readme. I can find anything helpful on google so I'm getting a lot of errors that seam to be related to config.yml

So I did some reading and filled things out. apparently "host" should be 'myusername.ipagemysql.com' (where myusername is my ipage user name). I can't find if I need something for tables_prefix, but I'm still getting "Internal Server Error". I found a cgi error log that originally gave me a lot of "No such file or directory" and "Database was not initialized correctly", but that log stopped working normally and now I'm just getting the server error with no error logs I can find.

So my questions are:
Where are the error logs on ipage?
How do I find out if my mysql db is set up right?

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:07:27 PM by thisusernamesucks »

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
Re: Help setting up on ipage
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:01:23 AM »

Frankly I don't understand what do you mean by ipage. Normally your hosting provider should know where the error log is situated so you would be better to ask him.

Ask your hosting provider about MySQL host, port, user name and password. He should give you this info. Next put this info into /mibew/configs/config.yml. You can read wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML) to get informed about how YAML format works. Then you fill in the config file correctly you will be able to install Mibew using its installer.

thisusernamesucks

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »

Frankly I don't understand what do you mean by ipage. Normally your hosting provider should know where the error log is situated so you would be better to ask him.

Ask your hosting provider about MySQL host, port, user name and password. He should give you this info. Next put this info into /mibew/configs/config.yml. You can read wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML) to get informed about how YAML format works. Then you fill in the config file correctly you will be able to install Mibew using its installer.

ipage.com is the site I use for web hosting. I'll read the link. Thank you.

thisusernamesucks

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
In case anyone else wonders I think the problem was just that ipage takes quite a while to update your webpage so I thought it was not fixed because I was still seeing the page with the old problems. After trying again it looks like it works like normally. I might have some more questions as I finish setting up, but I think I have it now. Thanks again.