Author Topic: How do I verify the identity of the person I am chatting with?  (Read 11457 times)

arezabek

Our company will be providing some sensitive information via web chat such as customer-specific pricing, terms, etc. Is there a way that I can verify the identity of the person I am chatting with prior to giving out this information? Perhaps an email to their @companyname email address to verify they are who they say they are and not a competitor trying to get another customer's price info?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: How do I verify the identity of the person I am chatting with?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »
At the moment, there are no simple automated way to do this. Maybe you could verify the visitor's identity manually: enable pre-survey, so the visitor will be forced to enter an email address, and then manually send him some kind of verification question.

However, one will be able to write the appropriate plugin for custom pre-chat survey with the data validation for the upcoming Mibew 2.0. Moreover, one could start developing such plugin right now, since we've made available the boilerplate plugin and are ready to answer related questions.

Fizherman

Re: How do I verify the identity of the person I am chatting with?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 10:53:01 AM »
The most accurate way to verify someone's identity is to request and validate more than one form of identification against the person standing in front of you, with at least one of them being a photo ID.