Author Topic: Visitors on site - There never are any showing v2.1.0  (Read 6482 times)

wooshman

Visitors on site - There never are any showing v2.1.0
« on: September 25, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »
Hi all.

Yesterday I did a clean install of 2.1.0 which was to replace 2.0.1.  I did a clean install as it is running on a new site in progress so upgrading was not needed as only the original admin account was in use for testing.

With version 2.0.1, Visitors on Site worked all the time and I was able to invite those visitors to chat.  However, after a clean install of 2.1.0, Visitors on Site no longer works for me.  I have checked the settings several times and it still does not show visitors on the site.

I have recreated the button code in case it was that but no change.

I reverted back to 2.0.1 and it worked again.  I clean installed 2.1.0 again and it won't work.

Could someone please shed some light on where I can look to try and resolve this.

Many thanks in advance.
Ben
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:22:43 AM by wooshman »

glassverd

Re: Visitors on site - There never are any showing v2.1.0 s
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
Hi!

I have the same problem, can you do the downgrade without lose data and configuration?.

I need this feature, for my is very important.

Thanks!

wooshman

Re: Visitors on site - There never are any showing v2.1.0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:07:52 PM »
I don't know if you will lose data I am afraid as I don't have any to worry about so I just deleted it all and installed 2.0.1 again and it worked without issue.

Should this be reported as a bug report or is there anywhere we can be looking to try and resolve this.  It can't just be the two of us this has happened to?

Dmitriy Simushev

• Native
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
It's a strange problem.

Did you clear cache in the browser after recreating chat button? Is there something in web-browser's console?

wooshman

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »
Hi Dmitriy

Thanks for your input.  since my post I have not tried anything except down grade, but when I can I will upgrade and see what happens and try and a clean browser but to be honest I don't think this will resolve the "upgraded and no visitors anymore" issue but I will see what happens and report back when I can.

Thanks again.