Author Topic: Chat window meta tag etc  (Read 9052 times)

rid

Chat window meta tag etc
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »
When generating an XML site map I noticed the page "chat?locale=en" was found. I'd like to edit the source code to add a meta tag to this page to not index etc. What script or page needs editing for that as I can't for the life of me find it! Many thanks...

rid

Re: Chat window meta tag etc
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
I'd also like to add some analytic script to this page so we can keep track of how many people use the service but I can't find what php page or script that needs editing to get this done.

rid

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
I sorted it, you need to edit the _layout.handlebars file, in there you can add the meta for robots & also and tracking code. Hope this helps someone  :P

rid

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 03:30:19 PM »
I spoke too soon, the operator chat window uses the same file so that appears in analytics too! Anyone know how to edit the size & file that window uses? I could make another file _layoutadmin.handlebars and make it so the operator window uses that??

rid

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
Still not sorted this. I know on the client side the iframe size is defined by iframe.css but the pop up on the server side to chat, what defines that windows sizing & position? As above, the client side uses _layout.handlebars, does the server side pop up use that file too? I'm guessing it must do as that is what I have installed analytic code which is tracking both client & server side!

rid

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »
Anyone? I just want the analytic tracking code to be used on the client side chat window not client & operator.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »
Take a look at client_side/chat/layout.handlebars template. There is already a difference between operator's and client's appearances. One should use
Code: [Select]
{{#unless user.isAgent}}{{/unless}} construction to output something only for a client. And don't forget to build the style afterward.

rid

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »
I couldn't see where to add the google analytic code in that file? I've added the GA code into styles\chats\default\templates_compiled\client_side\_layout.handlebars.

It works but GA tracks both the users pop up window & the operator pop up window. Is it possible so the tracking code only tracks the user pop up? If so where & how do I paste the GA code? Thanks

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
One more time. You should change the source template client_side/chat/layout.handlebars .
After you've made the changes you should rebuild the style using gulp tool. Take a look at instructions on how to build Mibew Messenger from sources: https://github.com/Mibew/mibew#build-from-sources

You should understand that if you want to somehow customize the program, you should either act as a developer, or hire a developer. There is no other way to have the job done.

rid

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 03:26:39 PM »
Unfortunately it would be easier to get an off the shelf solution that is much easier to customize without the need of a developer (who would charge more to do things like this than it would cost to buy something that does what we want out of the box). This program seems overly complex with the slightest change requiring a rebuild. Shame but decided to drop it in favour of an alternative.