Author Topic: New button in chat windows: Hide.  (Read 15159 times)

Fes

New button in chat windows: Hide.
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »
Hello! I want to ask a community, what to you think about adding to features in Mibew:
1. Hide chat windows button. If I want only hide chat window, no to close it - I have no such opportunity now. It would be very useful in mobile devices on which the chat window uses the whole screen.
2. What about to add the parameter in Mibew settings  which can disable chat close warning?

I found this "issue" on GitHub
https://github.com/Mibew/mibew/issues/153
But it seems that there no any activity :(.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:28:59 PM by Fes »

instadigital

• Digital Marketing Company Mumbai
Re: New button in chat windows: Hide.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »
I agree this would be a great feature for mobile device.

MichaelTunnell

• Native
  • Yesterday is History and Tomorrow is a Mystery
    • MichaelTunnell.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »
mobile users should just use Wurrd

http://wurrdapp.com

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:42:24 AM »
Hello Michael,

I believe this is for the website visitor and not the operator. The default button code places the chat window in the lower right corner of the user's page. If the user is using a desktop to view the website then there is more screen real estate to view the content. However, if the user is using their mobile to view the website, the chat window covers the webpage. The only way the user can close the chat window is to exit the chat. A minimize (or hide) button will be nice here, such that they can continue navigating the chat and come back to it if needed.

My workaround is that when generating the buttons I select the option to create the chat window is a new tab. This way the visitor can switch between tabs as they navigate the website.

Speaking about mobile, I have put together a page that attempts to enhance the mobile user's experience. The chat window code still uses HTML 4 so it is not optimized for mobile. Check out these notes for slight changes that will make the mobile user's experience more pleasant.
http://wurrdapp.com/a-better-mobile-experience-for-your-guests/

MichaelTunnell

• Native
  • Yesterday is History and Tomorrow is a Mystery
    • MichaelTunnell.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 07:01:39 AM »
I believe this is for the website visitor and not the operator.

Yep, I totally missed that. :)

I see how that could be a big problem for mobile visitors.

I did some testing to write a mod for this. I was successfully able to make a hide button that minimized the chat window but ran into a problem of getting the chat to come back afterwards so that will require some more testing.

Speaking about mobile, I have put together a page that attempts to enhance the mobile user's experience.

Could you post a screenshot to this?  . . . I am lazy and don't want reset the stuff I am doing with redesigning.

The chat window code still uses HTML 4 so it is not optimized for mobile.

Yea, that is unfortunate but that is something I will be fixing as well. My redesign will be responsive so mobile users will have a much better experience . . . provided I fix that hide button issue. :)

Edit:
but ran into a problem of getting the chat to come back afterwards

issue solved . . . chat window prototype of minimize and restore functionality for Mibew is working well. It's not ready for deployment or testing in scale but at this point . . . it does work.

I think it would be best to include it in my redesign rather than adding it as a separate plugin.  8)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:19:26 AM by MichaelTunnell »