Author Topic: Requirements for an osTicket plugin?  (Read 9511 times)

sandbergja

Requirements for an osTicket plugin?
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:44:07 AM »
Hi all,

I'm tentatively interested in developing a plugin that'll integrate Mibew chats with osTicket tickets, so that a chat interaction can seamlessly make its way over to be a ticket in osTicket.  However, before I start down that road, I wanted to see what needs y'all have, and if you have specific requirements for how such a plugin would act.

So, what do you think?  :)

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Requirements for an osTicket plugin?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 01:25:47 AM »
Hello,

You are speaking the language I like to hear! Such an integration would be awesome! ;D

As far as I know, there is no plugin that exists right now for this or any other ticketing system.

My exposure to ticketing systems is just a month old. I recently installed osTicket to use against my website so I am still exploring its feature set and what one can do with it.

At the very least a plugin should cover these scenarios:
  • In the middle of a live chat, the operator may escalate the conversation into a ticket for tracking purposes. A button should be provided for this. When the operator clicks the button a ticket is created (details to be worked out)
  • When a user leaves an offline message, a ticket is created

We can build on these interactions but that is what I see as a starting point. For those who have used osTicket extensively please feel free to add to the list.

From developer to developer:
With Mibew 2.x I have spent quite some time working with the plugin framework. In order to build a network of plugin developers I have started a "Plugin Developers Lounge" for us to share ideas. I will be glad to share an advice wherever I can.

sandbergja

Re: Requirements for an osTicket plugin?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:06:37 AM »
Very helpful; thanks!  I'll definitely let you know what I come up with.

Thanks very much for your offer of plugin advice!  I'm sure I will take you up on that offer.