Author Topic: Functional requirements for an integration with osTicket  (Read 12407 times)

sandbergja

Functional requirements for an integration with osTicket
« on: May 13, 2016, 04:42:07 AM »
Hi all!  I tried putting together some functional requirements for some code that'd integrate Mibew with osTicket.  Here's what I came up with; please let me know if you'd like to see something else!

Context
  • This code shall work on Mibew 2.x using the plugin infrastructure
  • This code shall work with osTicket 1.9.x and the hosted SupportSystem software using its built-in API

Functional requirements
  • A mibew chat can only correspond to one ticket in osTicket.
  • Agents shall be able to mark a thread so that upon chat completion, it will create a ticket in osTicket.
  • Agents shall be able to unmark a thread so that upon chat completion, it will not create a ticket in osTicket.
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to set the default behavior as creating a ticket or not creating a ticket.
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to set a minimum number of lines a thread must contain before being creating a ticket.
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure whether chats appear as attachments to tickets OR in the ticket message body itself.
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure whether offline Mibew messages automatically generate a ticket.
  • Agents shall be able to be able to manually add a ticket to osTicket from Mibew's chat history interface.  As stated in FR1, they must only be able to do this once for any given chat.
  • This code shall create a descriptive subject field for the osTicket ticket based on the Mibew chat.

Desired functionality
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure the autorespond value sent to osTicket
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure the alert value sent to osTicket
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure the source value sent to osTicket
  • Organizations running Mibew shall be able to configure the priority value sent to osTicket

NB I also plan to post these requirements to the osTicket fora to get their feedback.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:44:12 AM by sandbergja »

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Functional requirements for an integration with osTicket
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
Hello,

I have gone through the requirements and they sound comprehensive and reasonable to me. Have you got any reactions yet from the osTicket forums. If you post the link to the thread I'll sign up and also follow the conversation there.

This code shall create a descriptive subject field for the osTicket ticket based on the Mibew chat.
Could this be the first message that they user sends (or may be first message of a minimum length, to eliminate messages like "Hello")?

In general I'm fine with everything that has been spelled out. Looking forward to progress on this.

sandbergja

Re: Functional requirements for an integration with osTicket
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »