Author Topic: Error when executing gulp command  (Read 5679 times)

thibault

Error when executing gulp command
« on: May 25, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »
Hello everyone,
The build of my program was working correctly yesterday and this morning (no change was made), I have built my program by launching gulp and I have the following error:
Starting 'bower-install'... events.js:154 throw er; // Unhandled 'erroe event  Error: write EPIPE

I checked on the forum, someone had the the same problem and solved it by installing composer.phar. I installed composer.phar but I still have the same issue.
Please help me.

Thank you very much

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Error when executing gulp command
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:06:56 PM »
Hello,

I take it that you have made changes to the Mibew source and you are trying to build a new package, right?

I'm not sure how gulp works, but you may get some clues in the build script gulpfile.js. It seems as if you are having trouble with the task bower-install, located at https://github.com/Mibew/mibew/blob/master/src/gulpfile.js#L120. It also looks like line 154 of the build script is where the error is occurring - not sure if it is coincidence or just how bower reports its errors since it is pointing to events.js:154.

The error seems to be a write issue. Do you have write permissions to the directory where it is trying to install bower?

Another thing, you can search "Error: write EPIPE" in the gulp forums to find out what the possible causes are.

Hope this points you in the right direction to solve your problem.

thibault

Re: Error when executing gulp command
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 01:02:24 PM »
Thank you very much Scalior for your quick response. I actually solved theThank you very much Scalior for your quick response. I actually solved the problem.
It think I had a problem with Composer, so I installed it manually and it works.
Again, thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate. Have a great day