Author Topic: Moving website from local to web server  (Read 5585 times)

zumi78878

Moving website from local to web server
« on: June 01, 2016, 04:00:15 PM »
Hello all,

I have successfully installed mibew onto my website in the local environment (it is connected to a SQL database hosted on AWS RDS). The buttons work, the chats work, the backend operator works. So then I decided to "migrate" the website onto my live server and I did that by zipping up the entire website folder and then uploaded onto AWS ElasticBeanStalk. After it has finished uploaded, I realized that mibew no longer works. The button does not appear and the operator backend does not work as well. Is there any way I can get this working? Any help is appreciated! Thank you all!

I am suspecting that during the installation of Mibew, it created some static paths that point to my localhost and therefore when the website is deployed to the AWS server, it no longer recognizes the paths.

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Moving website from local to web server
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:02:51 PM »
Hello,

How much customization had you done when you were testing on your local server. It may be easier to run the mibew installation on your production, then copy over the customizations into production...

When creating a button, there is an option to include the host name in the button code. This will include fully qualified URLs in your code rather than relative paths. Note that even if you didn't include the host name, if the relative path is different then the button will be invalid. It is a good idea to generate your buttons again.

However, as I said before, consider a fresh install. If you must do a migration, you would have to search the filesystem and well as your database for any references to your test domain and change them to your production domain.