Author Topic: File Upload  (Read 4757 times)

Maffu

File Upload
« on: September 21, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
Hi,
I searched the forum for file upload as I need my support clients to have the ability to upload files, scans and screenshots, etc.
The only thing I could find was something from three years ago which said that uploading would be implemented in version 2.
Mibew appears to be on version 2 now, but, looking at your demo, there still doesn't seem to be an upload facility.
Am I missing something?
Is this feature in place?  If not, do you have a plans and/or a time-frame for implementation?
Thanks

Matt

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: File Upload
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 02:48:17 PM »
Unfortunately file uploads don't seem to be supported yet.

One could either implement a plugin the enables this feature. However, it will be nice if this was available in the base product.

Maffu

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Scalior.
I'll look into how difficult it is to write a plugin. I'm a novice but not scared to get my hands dirty :)
I found some code for facilitating uploads with AJAX but I was a bit stumped when I followed the mibew devs links to putting that code into mibew.
There's always more to learn :)

MichaelTunnell

• Native
  • Yesterday is History and Tomorrow is a Mystery
    • MichaelTunnell.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 10:13:12 PM »
I think the idea of having File Upload compatibility is really good but I don't think it's a good fit for Mibew to have it built-in because it's not something that would be used by a majority of users.

I think a plugin is a good idea but only if it doesnt depend on Mibew to work. So my idea is to create a plugin for File Uploads via an integration with another project that provides the uploading functionality.

I found Jirafeau ( https://gitlab.com/mojo42/Jirafeau ) which could be used as the project for integration or we could look at other projects to provide that functionality. We can discuss what to integrate.

This way Mibew can do what Mibew does best and Jirafeau (or whatever) can do what it does best . . . a plugin would allow Mibew offer upload functionality which then opens up Jirafeau (or whatever).