Author Topic: Operator starts chat  (Read 3982 times)

eb_jsh

Operator starts chat
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »
Hello,

I've been googling around and I can't find anything on this so I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out.

On our website we want the operator to start a chat with the user if possible rather than the user starting the chat.

We would also like the ability to know what page the user is on if at all possible. This is so that if the user is on a shop page the operator knows to ask if they need help deciding on what to buy/help buying.

I've seen the functionality in other websites and other chat plugins but we are really happy with the way Mibew works and would rather stick with it if possible.

Could someone please let me know if this is possible and if so what the steps are to complete this?
I'm fairly new to Mibew and I didn't set it up on the website so I'm not sure on how to change settings etc.

scalior

• Global Moderator
  • Native
  • Serve customers on mobile. Get Wurrd for Mibew app
    • Wurrd for Mibew
Re: Operator starts chat
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:56 AM »
Hello,

To enable the ability for the operator to initiate a chat with a visitor, you should check out "Settings -> Optional Services -> Enable Tracking and Inviting". Once this option is enabled you should also generate a new button. Once this new button is placed on your site you should see a new "Visitors on site" section on the visitors page. From there you can invite visitors to start chatting with you.

You can search the forum again to see if there is any more information that you can get about this feature.

eb_jsh

Re: Operator starts chat
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
Thanks scalior,

I enabled that feature but I'm not sure on how to generate a new button? I've tried modifying the button but it still doesn't seem to be tracking visitors on the actual site.

It is however tracking users who go into the Mibew settings... but that's just me.