Author Topic: Custom Invite message  (Read 4204 times)

eb_jsh

Custom Invite message
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:28:04 AM »
Hello,

I've recently gotten the ability to invite users to chat on our website working. We've been playing around with it and we have a few things that we wouldn't mind changing. One of them is when inviting someone to chat on our website we would like to be able to type our own message rather than one being automatically sent by default.
It looks like the current message is the first message in the canned responses list, which is just saying "welcome to {company}, how can I help?". But we want to have it more customer. For example if they are on a shop page perhaps we can say something like "I see you're looking at {product} is there anything you would like help with?".

I can't seem to find anything on the forums for this or anything in the Mibew settings to do this sort of thing.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Custom Invite message
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:01:19 PM »
I've recently gotten the ability to invite users to chat on our website working. We've been playing around with it and we have a few things that we wouldn't mind changing. One of them is when inviting someone to chat on our website we would like to be able to type our own message rather than one being automatically sent by default.
It looks like the current message is the first message in the canned responses list, which is just saying "welcome to {company}, how can I help?".

That's not correct. The actual first message is a string constant "Hello, how can I help you?", that can be changed using standard means for translations management.

But we want to have it more customer. For example if they are on a shop page perhaps we can say something like "I see you're looking at {product} is there anything you would like help with?".

You can post any number of messages in the invitation. So, the second and all subsequent messages could be unique per invitation. You can also make a plugin that would be able to automatically send some custom message (or messages) in the invitation.