Author Topic: Visitors on site  (Read 4650 times)

codegoblin

Visitors on site
« on: January 09, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »
I did a fresh install of Mibew v3.0 (Amazing Program, job well done). Everything works the way it is suppose to but when it comes to the “visitors on site” table, I’m not sure it works all of the time. When testing by going to the website, I can see it works perfectly every time, and my IP address shows up.

I use Zen Cart and I can track “users online” through the admin section and more times than not, I see users through Zen Cart that I don’t see in the Mibew “visitors on site” table.

Using Firebug, I can see that the program is updating users every 2 seconds as per the settings page, so I was wondering if there were settings elsewhere that might pick up every user that I missed?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Visitors on site
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
Frankly I know nothing about the algorithm of visitors tracking implemented in Zen Cart.

As of Mibew Messenger, it make use of very simple approach: it sets an appropriate tracking cookie to identify a visitor and then pings him at the given rate.

Also there is a limit for visitors to display defined by the 'Limit for tracked visitors list' value at Settings -> Performance. One should understand, the more visitors displayed, the more work for an operator's browser.

codegoblin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:10:33 PM »
It was a PEBKAC error, I had the "Limit for tracked visitors list" set to 2 :-[

Thank you for your response.

codegoblin

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
Another quick question; I see the same IP address listed for almost 24 hours now, does that mean that the person is sitting idle on the website without closing down the browser?
Is there a way to not display IP's after a certain time?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
The only way I see is to write an appropriate plugin. You can take a look at this one as a prototype: https://github.com/faf/visitors-list-filter-plugin