Author Topic: Responsive layout problem  (Read 8206 times)

davivegas

Responsive layout problem
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:01:19 AM »
Hi there!

My website www.sosjovem.com.br uses the Mibew and i'm very happy with the new version, especially because of the new function - mobile responsive layout.

But the Mibew still runs the normal layout when I acess the site in smartphone.

Can anyone helps me?

Thanks, guys.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Responsive layout problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »
Responsive design in Mibew Messenger is a small tweak that make the app looks and behave correctly on mobile devices. There are no major differences between mobile and desktop layouts. What exactly doesn't work for you?

davivegas

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »
Hi faf, thanks for your support.

In my site, despite having the new version of Mibew, chat window continues with the desktop layout.

if I access the chat through the cell phone, it opens with the same layout as the desktop.

Please, help-me!
And thanks!

[EDIT] I'll show some screenshots of my and site and mibew demo chat in mobile.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:30:39 PM by davivegas »

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:30:52 PM »
We implemented the responsive design to solve some issues related to embedding the chat into a page on mobile devices. But you've checked the option "Use windows (even for modern browsers)" during the button generation. So, all your chats opens in new windows, they are not embedding into your site.

davivegas

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
Hi faf, thanks again. But the the problem continues.

See, i have unchecked the  "Use windows (even for modern browsers)", but now the site opens a new type of window (see the image).

I'll show you the screen of the button generation page too.

Thanks again for your support!!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:41:57 PM by davivegas »

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »
At the moment the chat opens in iframe and the app in iframe works as intended.

If you don't like the size of the iframe, you'd better start with your site itself to optimize it for mobile devices (for example, you didn't specified the viewport). If you don't like the outlook of Mibew Messenger, you could create a custom style.

Kimberly

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 01:56:18 PM »
I believe that I'm having the same problem as what is described here.  We created our own button for mobile because we wanted it to fit into our main navigation, but I don't think it's opening properly in the iframe because of the way I've created the button.

Is there a way to get mobile to open in a new window that has viewport settings without embedding it in the page? In other words, we want a new window for chat, but we want it to still be responsive. Is there a work around for that?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 03:02:38 PM »
Is there a way to get mobile to open in a new window that has viewport settings without embedding it in the page? In other words, we want a new window for chat, but we want it to still be responsive. Is there a work around for that?

You should create your own chat style and generate the button with the option "Use windows (even for modern browsers)" enabled.