Author Topic: audio effect repetition  (Read 5296 times)

Bert

audio effect repetition
« on: March 02, 2018, 02:47:02 PM »
We're successfully been using Mibew for some time now.
Thanks for the software.

I'm wondering if there is an option to have the sound effect that is used to get the operators' attention play every 10 seconds for, say, a minute.
We've noticed that some of our employees are frequently very busy - they may be talking to a customer IRL or on the phone - and don't notice the (single) sound effect.
I've already enabled the pop-up notification, but we have Mibew running on a dedicated, stand-alone computer.

If such a feature to set the sound effect to repeat is not present, would it be useful if I'd add a feature request to the project's GitHub page?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: audio effect repetition
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:49:38 PM »
There is a plugin for your task: https://mibew.org/plugins#aarinnovations-sound-notification

Though, it's third party plugin, so you won't get official support for it.

GaryBrazzell

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 03:19:29 AM »
The plugin isn't working for me. I'm new to Mibew, so it could be me. The plugin shows as working in the Mibew plugins screen. Using version 3.2.6. Thoughts?
The plugin I downloaded from https://www.aar-innovations.com/ seems consistent with what's currently in https://github.com/AARInnovations/mibew-sound-notification-plugin/blob/master/js/users_plugin.js .

Can I simply navigate to the source code and change loop to true? I'm assuming the loop would stop after clicking ok in the pop-up. I've been looking all over in the source code but can't find where the looping is defined in the core architecture. Does anyone know how to navigate there?

I can sling a little html, but that's it. I'm hoping for an easy solution for changing that sound to a loop.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »
1. Necroposting is bad.

2. You wrote that you've installed the plugin, but you didn't mentioned anything about its configuration. Also you've asked the question in a wrong way: to begin with, you didn't specify what exactly you've done, what you've expected to see, and what you've actually got. Though, it wouldn't change the whole picture, since the plugin is unofficial, so you won't get official support for it anyway.

3. No, in this particular case one could not simply modify the source code to make sound repeating. Since you're talking about the javascript part of the project, it should be recompiled after any modifications.

And leaving aside the fact that any modifications of the core leading to problems with future updates, the only "loop" there is the property of dynamical html5 element audio, which should be set to 'false', unless you want to hear never ending sound (no, in that case it will not stop at all regardless of any actions until one close or reload the page).

I can sling a little html, but that's it. I'm hoping for an easy solution for changing that sound to a loop.

There is a plugin. Install and configure it. If you have any troubles, ask developers of the plugin (not here, I bet they're not monitoring this forum). That's an easy solutions. All other solutions will be much more complicated.