Author Topic: v.3.1.1 installed OK - but not sending messages  (Read 3786 times)

tobywallis

v.3.1.1 installed OK - but not sending messages
« on: April 14, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »
Hi. I uninstalled an old version of mibew, deeted everything including the database, and re-installed v3.1.1. because we've recently gone over to a secure server and the old version wasn't handling it properly. The installation appeared to go fine, and it's responsive to whether there's an operator onlie or not, but when a message or email is sent nothing happens at the backend. I have configured thebackend to allow SSL, but it makes no difference. There also seems to be no way of going online/offline except when you first log in - this doesn't seem to be the same as the previous version.

I imagine it's an installation issue and I'm reluctant to post this here because it's specific and not generic, but can anybody offer me somepointers to track down the problem, please? No error messages were generated on installation, and none appearr when a meessage is sent. It just doesn't seem to arrive.

Many thanks

===Toby===

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: v.3.1.1 installed OK - but not sending messages
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »
You should be more specific.

we've recently gone over to a secure server and the old version wasn't handling it properly.

1. What do you mean by "secure server"?
2. What was the problem with the old version?
3. What version it was?

when a message or email is sent nothing happens at the backend

Do you mean that you're lacking the way to send emails? Or the problem is broader?

There also seems to be no way of going online/offline except when you first log in

I'm not sure what do you mean, but when you log into the system you're offline. Then you can go online by clicking either on "Connect..." or on "Visitors" tile. You can then go offline by clicking on "Set status as Away" on the visitors' page. Or you can go offline by logging off the system.