General > Support

Persistent Chat Windows w/o Need to Click Button

(1/3) > >>

talkinggoat:
I am looking for something that functions like Olark or the other chat programs. The way the chat window currently shows up is correct, but they have to click a button somewhere in the page to activate it. When the users click the live chat button, it activates JS, that puts a small chat icon at the bottom, right. The user then has to click the chat icon to bring up the chat window. I would like the chat icon to already be loaded, when the page loads, without the user needing to click on another button. Is there something in the settings that does this?

faf:
I'm not sure what are you talking about, but maybe you're looking for "Tracking and inviting" option.

stryker1:
I  guess I understood it and it seems to be the same I want to achieve:
I do not want the old 90th button "chat online/offline". Instead I just want this nice chatbubble in the bottom right corner to -directly- open the chat window.
Is there a way to directly show this chatbubble button?

faf:

--- Quote from: stryker1 on October 13, 2018, 01:34:35 PM ---I do not want the old 90th button "chat online/offline". Instead I just want this nice chatbubble in the bottom right corner to -directly- open the chat window.
Is there a way to directly show this chatbubble button?

--- End quote ---

What stops you from replacing a standard image for the button with your own one (be it bubble, or anything else that fits your web design) and disable the "Pre-chat survey" option? In that case a visitor will start the new chat immediately after interaction with that button / bubble / whatever.

And if you want to automatically invite a visitor to chat so he could start chatting without any actions at all, use the plugin: https://mibew.org/plugins#mibew-autoinvite

stryker1:
Changing the default .gif image to look like the blue Mibew chat buttom, place this gif also in the bottom-right corner and set "visibility: hidden" of the class "mibew-chat-frame-toggle" could be an option.

BUT: If the visitor already started the chat and hides it, a new click on the gif does not open the chatwindow.

So I would also need to put a link/event to the gif image to open the chat window (like it is on the blue chat button).
What is the function I must open here, or is there another solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version