Author Topic: Add "accept privacy" link or checkbox also in contactform  (Read 3887 times)

stryker1

Add "accept privacy" link or checkbox also in contactform
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:03:30 PM »
I activated the privacy policy option for the pre-chat form. This worked great.
But according to GDPR the user has also be informed and must accept about his privacy also when submitting the contact form, which is shown when no operator is available for chat.

So can you also add this link in this template in the next release? This would be great.

BTW: I also tried to modify the template by myself, but found out that these template are not simple html/phtml templates and have to be somehow compile. I never used "Gulp" before - maybe you can write a short tutorial about how to edit the Mibew template? The file mentioned in your documention about theming ("src/gulpfile.js") can not be found in the current release of Mibew.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:27:32 PM by stryker1 »

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: Add "accept privacy" link or checkbox also in contactform
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
I activated the privacy policy option for the pre-chat form. This worked great.

You're welcome.

But according to GDPR the user has also be informed and must accept about his privacy also when submitting the contact form, which is shown when no operator is available for chat.

So can you also add this link in this template in the next release? This would be great.

I'll think about it.

BTW: I also tried to modify the template by myself, but found out that these template are not simple html/phtml templates and have to be somehow compile. I never used "Gulp" before - maybe you can write a short tutorial about how to edit the Mibew template? The file mentioned in your documention about theming ("src/gulpfile.js") can not be found in the current release of Mibew.

There is a difference between official distribution (which intended to be used only in production environment) and the code base of the project that could be used for development and customizing.

If you want to develop your own style, you have to get the sources from the repo and follow the instruction for building from sources.