General > Support

upgrade 1.6 to current

<< < (2/4) > >>

bfmradio:
So, here it is:

I installed last version, there are two things that I would like to ask:

1 NO templates of any kind...   Is it how it should be?

2 I downloaded Russian pack, unzipped it, put RU folder in locale directory...  It still show EN in (Language of the messages left by visitors) in the settings and no way it want to change to Russian.

I logged out, logged in... nothing.

Also, at first, when pressed on picture  the contact window would open from bottom right Conner, now it opens as a separate tab in browser...

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much :)

faf:
To begin with please ask questions in separate topics. That way it will easier for other people to find it in the future.

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 03:58:25 AM ---1 NO templates of any kind...   Is it how it should be?

--- End quote ---

Not sure what are you talking about. If you want to customize Mibew Messenger, read this: https://docs.mibew.org/theming.html

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 03:58:25 AM ---2 I downloaded Russian pack, unzipped it, put RU folder in locale directory...  It still show EN in (Language of the messages left by visitors) in the settings and no way it want to change to Russian.

I logged out, logged in... nothing.

--- End quote ---

You'd better use search: https://mibew.org/forums/index.php/topic,192213.msg199815.html

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 03:58:25 AM ---Also, at first, when pressed on picture  the contact window would open from bottom right Conner, now it opens as a separate tab in browser...

What am I doing wrong?

--- End quote ---

No idea. Insufficient information. Have you somehow altered the button code? Have you tried different browsers? Are there any errors in the javascript console?

Also, there is a special option 'Use windows (even for modern browsers)' in the button generator. Make sure, that you've unchecked it during the button generation.

bfmradio:
Thank you for replying, and sorry for mixing up all in one post.

I was able to figure it out with your help as far as other language, yet still a little bit confused:

Even though some things are in Russian, the invitation box that opens up on site (offline/online) still shows this in English

Sorry. None of the support team is available at the moment.
Please leave a message and someone will get back to you shortly.
OR
Thank you for contacting us. Please fill out the form below and click the Start Chat button.

Don't know where to change it :(

NO templates of any kind...   Is it how it should be?  CLARIFICATION:

Select a style for your operator pages
Select a style for your chat windows
Select a style for your invitation

All of these have only DEFAULT and nothing else to choose from.  In my old 1.6.15 messenger I had at least 2-3 themes.

And about plugins, I downloaded some of them...  I am not a programmer, but my understanding was telling me to put them
in http://mysite.com/mibew/plugins

I tried to figure it out myself by reading the help file on that subject, and I realized that I may have done something incorrectly...  way to complicated.   Maybe you could please explain in simple words what I maybe doing wrong?

Thank you.

PS I understand that you have a lot of people here, and some, if not all, topics have been discussed in that past, BUT sometimes it is difficult to find what you need if you do not know how to properly form your query.  I always try to solve things on my own and ask for help if I fail. So, please forgive me for bothering you. 

faf:

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 07:57:17 PM ---I was able to figure it out with your help as far as other language, yet still a little bit confused:

Even though some things are in Russian, the invitation box that opens up on site (offline/online) still shows this in English

--- End quote ---

Have you regenerated the button for the Russian locale?

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 07:57:17 PM --- NO templates of any kind...   Is it how it should be?  CLARIFICATION:

Select a style for your operator pages
Select a style for your chat windows
Select a style for your invitation

All of these have only DEFAULT and nothing else to choose from.  In my old 1.6.15 messenger I had at least 2-3 themes.

--- End quote ---

Starting with 2.0 Mibew Messenger has only one (default) theme. If you need a custom one, you should create it yourself, or hire someone to do so.

Of course we're open for contributions, but there were no open source third party themes until now.

--- Quote from: bfmradio on May 03, 2020, 07:57:17 PM ---And about plugins, I downloaded some of them...  I am not a programmer, but my understanding was telling me to put them
in http://mysite.com/mibew/plugins

I tried to figure it out myself by reading the help file on that subject, and I realized that I may have done something incorrectly...  way to complicated.   Maybe you could please explain in simple words what I maybe doing wrong?

--- End quote ---

Another stand alone question in the same topic... :\

Read that fine manual: https://docs.mibew.org/plugins/installation.html

bfmradio:

I read it... I said I did.   If I give you EKG (Electro cardiogramm) will you be able to read it without understanding and knowledge?

Useless,  thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version