Author Topic: upgrade 1.6 to current  (Read 7001 times)

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: upgrade 1.6 to current
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 09:23:14 PM »
I see.  I looked in that directory and the file translation.js is not there.
Not in RU not in EN

http://mysite/chat/locales/ru/translation.js

Does it have to be in there?

No, it doesn't. It's not a static file. As it was written before, requests to this file should be handled by Mibew Messenger.

and you say server is "misconfigured"   Can you tell me what needs to be configured?
Hosting support does not want to help with anything because it is a 3rd party app.
But if you tell me at least hint where to look, I will :)

You should look into error logs and configuration of the web server. Specifics are system-dependent.

About plugins.  If you look at this pic, you will see that it says WORKING.  Does it mean it really is working and I did configuration correctly?

https://snipboard.io/14PMyc.jpg

It means that plugins are working. Nothing more, nothing less. There are no critical errors in the configuration, however it is impossible to tell whether the configuration matches your needs.

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 09:47:29 PM »

Well, thanks so much... :)

I am going to contact tech support for hosting and ask them to check if they see any errors.

but on my side everything seems to work except (I made a separate post).

And very tiny question, on the main page select ENG for interface... and then go to say  settings, and everything again in RU.  Why does not it hold the setting?  Or it could be browser's settings like cache?

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 10:00:13 PM »
And very tiny question, on the main page select ENG for interface... and then go to say  settings, and everything again in RU.  Why does not it hold the setting?  Or it could be browser's settings like cache?

It depends. If you see the same behaviour in our demo installation, it could be your browser. If you don't - then most probably it's an issue with your web server.

Have you tried different browsers?

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 02:44:10 AM »
I tried a different computer...  it is all good.  Think it is the chrome.

:)

Thank you, Faf :)