Author Topic: BAD Request when track visitor's path  (Read 4464 times)

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
BAD Request when track visitor's path
« on: May 06, 2020, 08:04:43 PM »

Just want to understand what may be the problem

https://snipboard.io/WY3956.jpg

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: BAD Request when track visitor's path
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 09:55:13 PM »
Obviously, your browsers sending bad request to web server and/or Mibew Messenger application. There is insufficient data to give your more specific answer.

To begin with.

1. Are there any messages in the error log of your webserver?

2. Have you tried different browsers?

And read this.

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 04:31:29 AM »

Thanks for the advice on reading material... 

I spoke with hosting support. They told me that no errors were found, yet I shows them the error I found myself, but they said it is nothing.

[Wed May 06 15:03:02.331254 2020] [core:crit] [pid 382741:tid 47277759219456] (13)Permission denied: [client MYIPADDRESS:39638] AH00529: /home/mysite/public_html/chat/locales/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/mysite/public_html/chat/locales/' is executable, referer: http://mysite/chat/operator

I looked up .htaccess files in the mentioned directories and then some, I could not find any files with such name.

I see that file in the root of my site, but that is totally different file I suppose.

:(

That is the only thing that is not working... else is good

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:29:03 AM »
The official distribution of Mibew Messenger doesn't contains .htaccess file in locales/ subdirectory.

You didn't answer the question about different browsers.

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »
The official distribution of Mibew Messenger doesn't contains .htaccess file in locales/ subdirectory.

You didn't answer the question about different browsers.

It happens everywhere:  I tied different computer win10  IE, win 7 chrome...  same exact story. Other functionality is working as it should. :)

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:05:46 PM »
As it was written before, your browser sending bad requests to web server and/or Mibew Messenger application. It means that web server and/or Mibew Messenger unable to understand what does your browser requesting. Since the error emerges in different browsers, most probably it's some server side issue. Given the facts that you're not developer or system engineer, there are no useful information in the error log, and support of your hosting are not willing to help you, it's very doubtful that the issue could be solved at all. At the moment I don't see what can be done here.

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
I do not understand one thing:  how this function works for people that are on the site, and does not for people that actually waiting for dialog.

So, you cannot even tell me what could be checked and looked into?  I am not a developer or system engineer, but I am not a computer idiot either.

I am sure there is something that I  can check.  Another thing is if you do not wish to help me figure this out due to whatever reason.

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
I do not understand one thing:  how this function works for people that are on the site, and does not for people that actually waiting for dialog.

Because it's different functions. To begin with. Track by visitor id (in case of a visitor) and track by thread id (in case of a chat) differs.

Maybe your hosting has some mod_security rules. Maybe your web server is misconfigured. Maybe you've done something wrong during the installation process, or your installation is incomplete. My crystal ball is too covered with dust lately.

So, you cannot even tell me what could be checked and looked into?  I am not a developer or system engineer, but I am not a computer idiot either.

I've already did. Look into the error log. Look into the configuration of the web server. Ask support of your hosting.

One can try to debug the application in your working environment (which you've never described) to find out the conditions when error occurs. But you need special skills to do so.

I am sure there is something that I  can check.  Another thing is if you do not wish to help me figure this out due to whatever reason.

So, you've accused me of not trying hard enough to help you to solve your problem? That's a little bit impudent to say the least. I'm neither your friend, not your employee. And now I really don't want to help you whatsoever.   >:(

bfmradio

• BrooklynFM
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 09:42:37 PM »

I am not accusing anyone of anything... just replied  to whatever you said:

>>>Given the facts that you're not developer or system engineer, there are no useful information in the error log, and support of your hosting are not willing to help you, it's very doubtful that the issue could be solved at all. At the moment I don't see what can be done here.>>>

which totally sounded like GO ***** yourself.

Thanks