Author Topic: Getting a 403 Forbidden trying to load button.php [fixed in 1.6.3]  (Read 51350 times)

adwebtiser

Re: Getting a 403 Forbidden trying to load button.php [fixed in 1.6.3]
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 11:42:27 AM »
:( So you think it's another security issue, or do you still think it's mod_security. It seems like it'd be another issue if they whitelisted your site.

Hi and sorry for the late reply. I think it is to do with one of the variable names in that URL that is causing the error, one of the variable names must be already reserved for something. either locale, url or referrer 

That is only my guess. Best of luck with it though

HTMLCSSNoob

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
Hmmm, i'm using hostgator too, and when I try to click on the chat button I get the 403 forbidden error as well... I'm pretty sure I set everything up right. I got a successful installation message after I installed..

Also, it always shows that my status if offline, even though I am online.

Anybody know how to fix this?  ???

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 06:56:29 AM »
Hi guys, I wanted to add that I don't get this error if I install on my development server at home.

Hi and sorry for the late reply. I think it is to do with one of the variable names in that URL that is causing the error, one of the variable names must be already reserved for something. either locale, url or referrer  

That is only my guess. Best of luck with it though

I would think that it must be a reserved variable at HostGator's end?