Author Topic: Getting a 403 Forbidden trying to load button.php [fixed in 1.6.3]  (Read 51351 times)

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
Any ideas?

This prevents me from seeing the HTML button on my web site.

I also get a 403 when ticking the 'Include host name into the code' or 'Compatibility with mod_security (modsecurity.org), turn on only if you have problems with it' checkboxes (I know that's for getcode.php)

Obviously something permission related? I've checked the CHMOD and .htaccess files.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:03:05 PM by Inspirer »

Gayan

Re: Getting a 403 Forbidden trying to load button.php
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »
Code: [Select]
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /webim/operator/getcode.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dpsonline.info Port 80

yeh..even i get this error when tring to access getcode.php

adwebtiser

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »
I am getting the same error too I even contacted the server and they said they cant see anything wrong with that side, the fact is it works perfect on my localhost on my pc its only when I uploaded to server that is doing that.

Really strange, it looks the best open source chat software around as well.

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »
Thanks guys for replying, I will try it on an install here and see.... like you say it does seem the best Open Source solution, and looks good on screen as well.

I will post a Ticket and see if I get a response.

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:18:06 PM »
Thanks guys for replying, I will try it on an install here and see.... like you say it does seem the best Open Source solution, and looks good on screen as well.
I will post a Ticket and see if I get a response.

The latest problem we found several days ago is that button.php?image=webim is banned by some anti-ad software. Plus, it seems it caused problems at hostgator with modsecurity.
Try the following (we are going to have this fix in 1.6.3):
webim/button.php:
replace: $image = verifyparam("image","/^\w+$/", "webim"); => $image = verifyparam("i","/^\w+$/", "webim");

webim/operator/getcode.php, line 90: replace "image=" with "i="
$imagehref = get_app_location($showhost,$forcesecure)."/button.php?image=$image&lang=$lang";

Please, response if it helps.

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
Thanks Inspirer, the image now loads having made those changes. I still get the 403 Forbidden error when trying to tick either of the boxes though - not going to worry too much at the minute though :)

I'm also using HostGator, if you wanted to know!

Keep up the good work, I'll be sure to recommend this if anyone asks.

adwebtiser

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
Thanks a lot for the fix and also for the perfect software =D

It ticks all the boxes for me!

EDIT: Okey it still didnt work for me when I would try and change settings on the Button page on the admin panel because getcode.php would be redirected to getcode.php?lang=en&image=webim&... where as we need it to redirect to getcode.php?lang=en&i=webim&...

Here is what I did to fix it:

In getcode.php on line 48 I replaced: $image = verifyparam("image","/^\w+$/", "webim"); ==> $image = verifyparam("i","/^\w+$/", "webim");

Also I went to view/gen_button.php on line 50 I replaced:

<select name="image" onchange="this.form.submit();"><?php foreach($page['availableImages'] as $k) { echo "<option value=\"".$k."\"".($k == form_value("image") ? " selected=\"selected\"" : "").">".$k."</option>"; } ?></select>

with:

<select name="i" onchange="this.form.submit();"><?php foreach($page['availableImages'] as $k) { echo "<option value=\"".$k."\"".($k == form_value("i") ? " selected=\"selected\"" : "").">".$k."</option>"; } ?></select>

and its working fine for me now, hope this helps everyone else too.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 09:39:22 AM by adwebtiser »

fafamonge

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 01:26:15 AM »
It works for me. Thanks

m1ndeater

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »
Works for me, thanks adwebtiser!

enko

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »
thanks works fine, now the status images are not displayed in the example or published.

i need edit anything in button.php to resolve this?

helixdata

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 02:26:32 AM »
Hi:
I make the changes in operator/getcode.php and view/gen_button.php. When I try to access to genetare the html code is worked ok (not appears the error massage : 403 Forbidden ...) but the image does not appears because the scritp cannot find it. The image properties said that the image must be at /webim/button.php?image=webim&amp;lang=sp but the image path is /webim/locales/sp/button/webim_on.gif
We are working in Spanish version. Please help me.
Regards from Peru
Edmundo Pedemonte :'(

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
Re: Getting a 403 Forbidden trying to load button.php [fixed in 1.6.3]
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »
I've just upgraded to 1.6.3 from 1.6.2 and this upgrade has indeed fixed this issue, thanks guys!  :)

adwebtiser

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Hostgator has another mod security problem now with your software. Because the link for the chat button on all my sites wouldnt work and would just give the 403 error.

I contacted the Hostgator and they whitelisted the rule for my domain but I thought I let you developers know so you might be able to put a fix to it for the next version like last time. They just told me the "Mod_security rule: 1234234" was the rule that stopped it.

Also the URL that was having this problem was: http://yourdomain.com/webim/client.php?locale=en&url=http%3A//yourdomain.com/contact.php&referrer=http%3A//yourdomain.com/pages.php%3Fpge_id%3D74

I hope this helps you guys

Thanks again for this great software :)

PS - (The error occured on webim v1.6.3 btw)

tobyw7

• Toby White
    • My web site
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that Hostgator has another mod security problem now with your software. Because the link for the chat button on all my sites wouldnt work and would just give the 403 error.

I contacted the Hostgator and they whitelisted the rule for my domain but I thought I let you developers know so you might be able to put a fix to it for the next version like last time. They just told me the "Mod_security rule: 1234234" was the rule that stopped it.

Also the URL that was having this problem was: http://yourdomain.com/webim/client.php?locale=en&url=http%3A//yourdomain.com/contact.php&referrer=http%3A//yourdomain.com/pages.php%3Fpge_id%3D74

I hope this helps you guys

Thanks again for this great software :)

PS - (The error occured on webim v1.6.3 btw)

Yep, on HostGator and this issue is back, sorry :-(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:40:47 PM by tobyw7 »

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 01:36:30 PM »
:( So you think it's another security issue, or do you still think it's mod_security. It seems like it'd be another issue if they whitelisted your site.