Author Topic: Integration of OpenWebIm and knowledge base  (Read 14306 times)

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
Integration of OpenWebIm and knowledge base
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »
Do you think Integrating a Knowledge base software with openwebim is a good idea?

armychina

Re: Integration of OpenWebIm and knowledge base
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
may be webim can convert chatlog to faq ,then other user can help themself.

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:29:10 PM »
Ahhh, so when people ask their questions, it's saved as it is now, but we just have a feature that lets the public view the chat logs?  Also, how would you have it have a subject?.... (Subject so they know what link 2 go 2) if you know what i mean....

Kizami

• Lamies Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »
The Knowledge is a Perfect Idea

Regards

Sheldmandu

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »
Integrating OpenWebIM and knowledge base is actually a rather bad idea and is not practical.  Generally when you're messaging you use a very different style of writing than you would for for a knowledge base which needs to be to the point.  If you find that you keep getting asked the same questions whether by chat or email you should then just manually add an entry to your knowledgebase and word the answer approriately rather than trying to create some sort of an integration.  I truly believe OpenWebIM should focus on being the best live chat application out there rather than a bit of this and that.  If anything it should focus on better implementing features that are currently available in other commercial and open-source chat systems like Crafty Syntax but making them user friendly and look good.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:11:32 AM by Sheldmandu »

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:08:03 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!

ps: i was asked to post this...

thirdeye954

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 04:53:22 PM »
I sort of agree with the above. I'm currently using the www.vtiger.com CRM but the support module is lacking for service based companies who rely heavily on email or internet communication with their clients. Which is why i'm using webim to chat to clients.

Vtiger has a very complete and functional API system as well as a framework to easily develop modules for it.

I think if webim took a similar approach, meaning developing an API/Module system that allows easy integration with other software then it would be amazing. Such as taking a chat conversation from webim, and importing it into client details on a 3rd party help desk... it would streamline alot of things.

Another scenario would be to also have 2 different pre-chat surveys. One for visitors of the website and another for existing clients(logging in with their account credentials from whatever software we decided to integrate with webim). Doing something like this would allow you to have certain clients who log in with their credentials to have priority in the queue over random visitors who may also be trying to contact operators and are waiting in the queue.

However I do agree about fine tuning the current features of webim first, and adding functionality some of the competitors have over webim first to make it a complete live support solution. But later on down the line, i think an API system will be amazing.