Author Topic: I just can´t install  (Read 18428 times)

wilson

I just can´t install
« on: September 04, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
Hi all

First, thanks for developing such great app.
I really love the demo...nice graphics and the app is pretty slick compared to some similars around.

But, (there´s  always a "but") I can´t install It on my server, although I´ve already installed lots of CMS´s like xoops, joomla, open-realty, Crafty Syntax Live Help, just to say a few, so I guess my server environment is pretty "open" and not restrictive at all.

Dowloaded the last Mibew version and language pack, extracted, uploaded to the server, check permissions, creat DB, configured the "/webim/libs/config.php" BUT when pointing to http://mydomain/webim/install I´m geting the

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@alberguedigital.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

My first try was on a subdomain (http://mysub.mydomain.net/webim) the given error was a bit diferent from the one spotted here, but the result is the same, I can´t install :-(

Any thoughts?
I´d love to see that nice app running healthy on my server.

Thank you
Regards,
Wilson

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
Re: I just can´t install
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »
It seems you've set improper value of webimroot variable in config.php.
Replace "/home/albergue/public_html/webim" with "/webim" (because it should be relative to the web root).

Then try again. Check if you have mod_security (especially with custom rules) installed. It can cause the problem.
Please, reply if you find the reason.

wilson

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
Thank you Inspirer

After a close look at my php info, some more infos for You:

PHP Version 5.2.9
Mysql    5.0.81
Zend Engine v2.2.0
register_globals   On   On
register_long_arrays   On   On
report_memleaks   On   On
report_zend_debug   On   On
safe_mode Off

no reference at all to the "mod_security (especially with custom rules)"

It seems you've set improper value of webimroot variable in config.php.
Replace "/home/albergue/public_html/webim" with "/webim" (because it should be relative to the web root).

Here I´ll try to clarify a bit more:

in my first try i didn´t touch that part of the config.php, just entered the values for the DB settings, but as i was trying to install it on subdomain (http://mysub.mydomain.net/webim) i start to change the path in the config.php.

But now my last try was in the root.

Nothing happens :-(

A few questions:

1. in case of a brokel DB conection, the script will warn the user?
2. what would be the correct path to be entered at the config.php when installing on a subdomain?

3. what else could I try? ;D

Thank you for your help.

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »
1. Sure. Even if you don't have mysql driver installed.
2. If you install the application into the root of the website (subdomain for example), use $webimroot = "". If you install it like http://mysite.com/livechat/, set $webimroot = "/livechat";

After visiting your site, I can say the problem is definitely external.

The reasons:
1. If you open http://demo.mibew.org/install/dbinfo.php it is empty, i.e. it contains no executable code (only declarations). Your dbinfo.php causes 500 + 404.
2. /webim/login.php works as expected, after login it says that a table is absent (it can connect to the DB).

It seems like something in apache rejects the request (with http 500). My vote is for mod_security (modsecurity.org).
Try to insert "exit;" as the first line into /install/index.php. Try. Then rename /install/ into /isntall/. Try again.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:13:43 PM by faf »

wilson

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »
Thanks again Inspirer

I´ve followed all of your tips but belive me if you want : still no "love"
Next steps:

1. I´ll try to check with the host´s support team reagrding the modsecurity possibility because I see nothing in my php info.

2. i´ll try to install on a diferent domain

3.download webim again just in case of some corrupted file, who knows

AND

4. party or crying at the side walk  ;D

Still wondering why I´ve installed all of the above mentioned scripts with no problems
BTW i´ve installed all of them by "hand" without using Fantastico or whatever automatic installers.

Thank you

PS. do you think if my language files have any kind of problem they could brake the install process?
that was a last thought
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:32:31 PM by wilson »

Inspirer

• Mibew Project founder
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »
Please, report if you find out where the problem is.
I still believe the origin is in your server environment.

If you delete all language packages you'll see all message ids prefixed by exclamation mark. It is ok.

wilson

[SOLVED] Re: I just can´t install
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 02:28:38 AM »
Hi inspirer

Finally I got it working  :)

I call the host support regarding the mod_sec and yes It is installed, but according to the guy the problem was a wrong CHMOD777 on the install folder. I´ve changed to 755 and............yes i´m on now.

Let me play a bit:-)

Thank you for your help

enkiduwd

• Polish translation
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »
Exactly the same with me.
Especially on the shared servers - 777 on any file or folder will give you a "internal server error".
To be honest - if I would be a server admin i would do exactly the same.
Nothing shall be 777 on a shared server.
(755 is ok though)