Author Topic: Leave Message: Not Receiving Users' Email  (Read 38024 times)

deztroyd

Re: Leave Message: Not Receiving Users' Email
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 04:08:51 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to chat. This software is really great. I stumbled on this doing a long web search. Do you guys have a facebook account? I'm going to let my developer friends know that this software exists. Beautifully done.

Do let me know if I can help test or help in any other way.

Gabe

Haynes

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to chat. This software is really great. I stumbled on this doing a long web search. Do you guys have a facebook account? I'm going to let my developer friends know that this software exists. Beautifully done.

Do let me know if I can help test or help in any other way.

Gabe

I'm not part of the development team, but there is something you can do without coding experience :)
Eddybaur recently set up a mediawiki for mibew for the documentation.
It hasn't been officially announced yet as far as i can see, but after he makes the link public you can help with writing something about mibew.
Things like an FAQ, tutorials (i.e. where to find the settings), and so on.

kindest regards,

Haynes

deztroyd

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
Sure be happy to contribute in anyway. Contact me and we can connect!

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 09:37:36 PM »
That's right! There's a documents website.

http://http://www.mibew.org/doc

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 02:18:33 AM »
Observations: From what this looks like, it looks like mibew is trying to send the mail through SMTP server through php mail . Which means, my mibew mail stuff wont work because i currently don't have an email server up and running - on this system at least. I tried doing a basic php mail command and came up with error cant connect to SMTP with port 25.

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »
Update: Found a fix, will post in a couple days, but I will state now that this can not be and will not be an official release. Questions or concerns, send them to ed@mibew.org

illinoisboy

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
That's great news!  I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate your help.

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
Please view: http://mibew.org/forums/index.php?topic=469.0

Questions or concerns email me. ed@mibew.org

wansim

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »
I made "Leave a message" form send email using the same code that handles our contact form page. This means that since our contact form already send email, I can use the same code for the "Leave a message" form.

I made a copy of docontact.php and saved it under mibew directory  (i.e the same location as leavemessage.php), webim/

I went to leavemessage.tpl  from syle/default/template/ (under my mibew settings from admin dashboard, i chose default )

I changed the form action under  leavemessage.tpl  from ${mibewroot}/leavemessage.php to ${mibewroot}/docontact.php (remember, docontac.php is the php page that handles our website's contact form submission)

I ensured that the names of the form fields in leavemessage.tpl matched the name of the posted form fields in the docontact.php

e.g in leavemessage.tpl, name field=name, email field = email, message field=message
      in docontact.php, name=$_POST['name'], email=$_POST['email'], message=$_POST['message']

Very happy with the result. Hope this helps someone like other mibew tips helped me :)