Author Topic: Nice Project :)  (Read 20251 times)

Haynes

Nice Project :)
« on: May 06, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »
Hello,
I found this Project today and I really like it.
It seems to be exactly what i need for one of my projects :)

With that being said, let's move on with some questions^^

1.) When will you release a new Version? Accoring to the status post it should already be finished :D

2.) Do you still need a php developer? I'd be willing to help ;)

3.) I noticed that there is almost no Documentation available. Can you create a Wiki so everybody can contribute something there? :)

4.) I created a very basic implementation of smilies while testing mibew today. where should I post it?

5.) Do you accept patches?^^ (Sad reality is that you even have to ask that on open source project nowadays :( )

regards,

Haynes

Eddybaur

• Native
  • Mibew Member
    • Mibew
Re: Nice Project :)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »
1. Month or 2 we think... been really busy time for us.
2. Sure!
3. Documentation is in the download.
4. Email them to ed@mibew.org  i'll take a look at'em. :)
5. Patches of what? add that to your email ;)

Thanks a bunch for your interest!

Haynes

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
1. Month or 2 we think... been really busy time for us.
2. Sure!
3. Documentation is in the download.
4. Email them to ed@mibew.org  i'll take a look at'em. :)
5. Patches of what? add that to your email ;)

Thanks a bunch for your interest!

Mail sent.
I told you in the mail what i think about the current Documentation :/
I'll try to get to know the code better next week so I can really help you with something ;)

_pi

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:50:39 PM »
i like this piece of software too!
i use it for a week now and find it very nice coded.

thats all ihave to say in my first posting here.

thanks for providing such!

MatMarino45

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
Nice!
That's pretty cool!

enkiduwd

• Polish translation
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »
I use mibew for some time now.
I find it quite useful and straightforward. The documentation you provide in your downloads is quite enough for me.
But (there's always some "but" lol) I think that it can be better.

A little wiki would be great!

After all - this is an open source project. It would be a great idea to let the community participate.

daithi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 03:36:50 AM »
+1 for a wiki
also, stackoverflow tag would go along way to allowing mibew developers build a community

faf

• Mibew Staff Member
  • Native
    • Mibew Messenger
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
+1 for a wiki
also, stackoverflow tag would go along way to allowing mibew developers build a community

Thanks for the idea with StackOverflow. Probably, we'll do it.  :)
UPD.: Nope, we won't. Since the only way to create a new tag on StackOverflow is to ask a questions tagged with it. And we have no questions about Mibew to ask on StackOverflow. So, it's up to you. ;)

As for wiki...

You see, the wiki or any other collaborative tools are only make sense if there is a stable community. It's not a tools to build a community.

Sadly, but at present time there are no such thing as Mibew Messenger community. There is a lot of people who use Mibew software, adapt it, and integrate it into their sites. But they are almost not communicating with each other.

So our priorities as the core Mibew team is:

• to develop Mibew Messenger project so more people will want to use it and less people will want to switch to some other solutions;
  • to maintain this forum as a place for communications so more people will want to discuss Mibew;
  • to produce and publish information (news, docs, tutorials, etc.) about Mibew Messenger so people will learn more on how does Mibew works and how they can make it works even better.  ;)

And once there will be enough people who will not only use the Mibew software but also will answer a questions on this forum, share their knowledge, communicate with us, the core Mibew team, fork Mibew project on Github, make commits, etc... Well then there will be a vote on what tools the community really needs. (Though, personally I really like the idea of wiki.)

And for now, if you have any interesting information you want to post, you can either do it here, or send us so we'll be able to publish it on the site of Mibew Messenger project.  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:52:43 AM by faf »