Author Topic: Visitors don't wait in the chat window  (Read 9692 times)

FlavioEscobar

Visitors don't wait in the chat window
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:24:32 PM »
Hi,

Is there any way to make visitors don't wait in the chat window?
I think the visitor should enter the chat window only when an attendant accept his request...

thanks,
Flavio Escobar

jarradyuhas

• SusQ-Cyber Charter School
Re: Visitors don't wait in the chat window
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Interesting thought, but what is the practicality? I have used countless chat systems on the front and back end and havent run across one yet that has the feature that youre requesting. If a person has placed themselves in the operator queue, they should be ready to accept chats. The current system simply notifies you of an incoming chat, so your agent can choose to accept it or not. We do have agents who leave their chat open and as such, we have added a line in the opening chat text stating to send an email if no agent responds. Im just curious to know what the application of such a modification would be.

Gumby6131

Re: Visitors don't wait in the chat window
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
I believe that visitors should wait in the chat window....ready to chat.

After all, have they not arrived because they have a question or an issue?

If not in the chat window, where?   There needs to be some interface that is launched to allow the operator quick and easy access to the chat.  The chat window is that place.  Currently, I have visitors who open a chat window and then immediately go back to surfing.  Amazingly, Milbew Messenger shows me where they've gone right in the chat window.  I usually terminate the chat if they don't return within 1 minute of my accepting the chat.

Not sure what version of MM you are using.  My visitors ARE able to leave a message...all I have to do is set the current status to away if I'm not ready to take a chat.  It seems redundant to ask that a "leave message" system be added INSIDE the chat window as well.
Don't be lazy.  Set your status to AWAY if you're not ready to chat.

I don't believe there is any improvement with regards to this thread  that could make this better for anyone.

The application is so good "AS IS" that it really is commercial quality....yet it is provided for free and all that is asked is a donation.
I don't know the developer, but if I did all this work for free, I might be motivated by more donations.  Even programmers need to be paid for their time.

I just got slammed with a ton of unexpected expenses but the moment I can afford to, I'll be making a donation.

Just a thought.