Author Topic: Please help.  (Read 9841 times)

3pinespro

Please help.
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
I've followed the directions to the letter but I can't get to the install page!  What I do get is a page with the word "AREA" on it.  When I click on that, it brings up a new window at this address: http://www.classesusa.com/schools/30091-page1.cusa

That's not my domain or and I don't have anything to do with it!  What could be going on here?  Why can't I get to the install page?

The URL for the install page should be: www.3pbn.tv/webim/install

Any help is greatly appreciated.  This isn't my first PHP installation but I'm certainly not a pro, either.

jarradyuhas

• SusQ-Cyber Charter School
Re: Please help.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »
The contents of webim seem to be empty...either that or your permissions arent correct. You will want to take a look at those first and go from there.

3pinespro

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »
I'm in the server cpanel and am looking at all of the folders and files inside the webim folder.  The webim folder is set to 755 and the install is set to 644.

Where are you looking that you see an empty folder?  I'd like to look at that.

*Updated reply:
I uploaded again and set the permissions to 755 and 644.  Now that odd link on the page no longer shows up but then neither does anything else.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:06:40 PM by 3pinespro »

3pinespro

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
I just got it working.  The instructions for the permissions were incorrect!  The install folder needs to be set to 755 not 644.

jarradyuhas

• SusQ-Cyber Charter School
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
That makes complete sense. The owner needs full access in order for everything to operate correctly. You may be able to get by with the permissions of 744 as well if you wanted to have a bit more security.