Author Topic: Security Vulnerabilities  (Read 25000 times)

nls73m

Security Vulnerabilities
« on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
This is a great project. Unfortunately, it suffers from many security vulnerabilities that have not been fixed nor patched. How does anyone expect to use this software in production? I have not been able to find any patches to any of the security issues.  :'(

sangahm

Re: Security Vulnerabilities
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
Can you list out the security vulnerabilities that you think need to be fixed?

TekNoWene

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
Looks like it is time for a newer version just to keep up with the security holes!

docboxer

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »
I used this script on a hosting site and didn't know about the security issues. My site was turned into a phishing site twice.  The last time was 2 days ago. I had to get my hosting provider to completely remove the site and domain name. Then set up a new account with a new domain name.

It is irresponsible of  you to keep this script going and not fix the security issues.

shailo

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
All these  security vulnerabilities have been fixed in our websites, also fixed all browser compatibility issues.

lionsgate

• LionsGate Creative
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »
Cool, gonna update ours ASAP. This is why it is good to hear that the project back on the front burner.

ancym

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
All these  security vulnerabilities have been fixed in our websites, also fixed all browser compatibility issues.

Would you mind explaining a bit further - is the new version, 1.6.5, secure? 

Thanks!

ChrisS

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:39:58 PM »
Mibew version 1.6.5 was released fixing many known issues regarding version 1.6.4 including those security vulnerabilities stated above in this thread.

In the near future Version 2 will implement extra security features that have not yet been implemented in previous versions.

So, Yes, Mibew 1.6.5 is secure enough to be used live & version 2 will be even better.

Regards

ancym

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
Great news, thanks.  Looking forward to learning my way around mibew, and esp.  to new version...