Author Topic: No operator, visitor writes a message, no message received.  (Read 14959 times)

djepayne

• Web developer since 1995
No operator, visitor writes a message, no message received.
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:47:11 PM »
When a visitor wants live chat and no operator is around they see a dialog for "Leave Message".

Where does that message get sent to?

I have Email defined in mibew under the General settings, however I never receive any messages.

What is wrong?

Thanks.

MTBikerTim

Re: No operator, visitor writes a message, no message received.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:09:12 AM »
Check your e-mail configuration in php.ini. The message is emailed to one of the accounts in the config, can't remember which one off the top of my head. If php can't send an e-mail you won't get the message. Had the same issue as my config was correct but due to not restarting something the config hadn't been picked up yet.

dmcdaniel

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:22:59 PM »
When a visitor wants live chat and no operator is around they see a dialog for "Leave Message".

I have Email defined in mibew under the General settings, however I never receive any messages.

What is wrong?

Thanks.

A lot depends on your php/apache settings. If you don't have a mail server installed, it can not send out. Set-up a simple mail server that redirects to a gmail or something similar (If your hosting this yourself). If not, check your spam. Maybe its being sent there?

slash777

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:17:48 AM »

What is wrong?

Thanks.

as already said my friend it's all about php and apache settings ? try to make an email farwarding

skmyna

• Music Composition Software
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 08:49:52 AM »
I was having the same problem and thanks to you. I got my answer before asking. Great forum.