Author Topic: PHP Session problem (old sesson gets locked unwriteable)  (Read 6526 times)

von1

PHP Session problem (old sesson gets locked unwriteable)
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
It appears that for some reason this session is not able to be written to.
Clearing cookies or rebooting doesn't help.

I can delete the actual session file so a new one can be made.

However the fast that a improperly closed session that becomes unwriteable should have a way to handle this.  So instead of erroring the session merely expires and a new one is created.

Directory is ok.  Its no cheepo server.  It is a dedicated VPS.

I purchased USD$90 donation this year.  Does that help solve this problem faster.
Thanks

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_92875a080c780658bc741d0a2cab8083, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/public_html/visitor/libs/common.php on line 22

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/rtshelp8/public_html/live/libs/common.php:22) in /home/public_html/visitor/libs/common.php on line 22

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/visitor/libs/common.php:22) in /home/public_html/visitor/libs/operator.php on line 228

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_92875a080c780658bc741d0a2cab8083, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

shecky

Re: PHP Session problem (old sesson gets locked unwriteable)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Hi, I am getting the same error message during initial install. I transfer all files to my server, change the file permissions and then add the DB and edit the config file.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/19/3588319/tmp/sess_vbllosmi434bgccmb66kt4cmp0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/19/3588319/html/cheapties/webim/libs/common.php on line 22
with more of the same type after...

I can actually create the tables because below this error the "create table" button and message appears.
But logging into the panel ultimately fails after the tables are created.

Here is the thing. I had previously installed mibew on the same website 2 times and it worked fine. I just upgraded to Godaddys 4 g servers. I am thinking there is some issue running on these servers. Once I made the server change the messenger stopped working. I deleted and went to install but it wont install now. Can anyone else confirm. What company is the previous poster running on?

Any help would be most appreciated. The application runs great and im hoping to be able to use it.

Thanks